SGP API Guider CameraXsize is missing

Hi

I just installed the SGP API Guider and when I pick it from the list, PHD fails to connect to the camera and error message says Ascom driver is missing cameraxsize property. I tried both drivers through ascom camera chooser and the main list. The only thing is the settings is enable logging.

Can you tell us brand and model of your autoguider camera?

Thanks,
Peter

It’s the external guider for the STL camera it has 7.4 micron filters

You must connect the stl to sgp first. Also you need to select the guide camera in the sbig settings in sgp.

Thanks
Jared

Oh I see. I was going to try the PHD by itself first before I started SGP. The camera was connected to SkyX.

Thank you

1 Like

Yeah that won’t work, as you’ve discovered. Only one application can connect to an sbig camera at once. Do the sgp api guider actually talks to sgp that talks to the camera

Thanks
Jared

Hi Jared

I downloaded a trial copy a while back. When I saw it used phd I uninstalled it thinking it’s not possible without looking further. May I get another trial?

You can request an extension from the help menu in SGP.

Thanks
Jared

Hi,

I get the same error message. I use the latest version of SGP and PHD2. My camera is an Sbig ST-2000XM
In SGP camera settings I chose internal guide chip.

The first thing I do is starting SGP pro and connecting my camera. Then I start Stellarium scope, Stellarium, Eqmod and lastly, I start PHD2.

In PHD2 I select SGP API guider and when I try to connect I receive the “CameraXsize is missing” error message.

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks for your help

Stephane

Try selecting “External” for the guide chip in SGP. SBIG changed the meaning of these a while back. I can’t recall if the ST-2000XM has 2 guide chips or just 1.

Thanks,
Jared

Thank you Jared

The Sbig ST-2000XM has 2 chips one of which is used as a guider.

I tried remote head guider instead of internal and unfortunatly I received the same error message.

Is there something else I could try ?

Thank you

Stephane

So you have sgp up and running with the sbig connected?

Are you running the latest version of the api guider from our downloads page?

Thanks
Jared

Yes I have SGP up and running with the sbig connected and then I open PHD2.

I have the SGP api guider version 1.3.0

Thanks

Stephane

Hello,
today I want to try SGP if it is compatible to my hardware. Both my Moravian G2-8300 and my old SBIG STL11000 could be connected successfully. Both filter wheels work too. The SBIG filter wheel selection “auto” does not work at all, but I know which manual selection is righ.
Connecting PHD2 (v2.5) to the internal guider chip via your SGP API fails. The error message says Ascom driver is missing cameraxsize property. What should I do?
Thomas

This generally happens because:

1. The camera is not connected in SGP.
  2. The guide chip hasn’t been set in the SGP SBIG camera settings.

Thanks
Jared

Also make sure you’re using the most recent SGP API Guider from our download page.

Thanks for your fast reply.

The camera is conneced in SGP, I took some images successfully… The guider chip is selected as internal guider, as it is. I used SGP API Guider v1.3.0. What should I check next?
Thomas

Unfortunately I can’t seem to duplicate this with my STL-11000. The only other thing I can think of is maybe windows is blocking the API port for SGP. If you go here does it resolve when SGP is running? http://localhost:59590/metadata

You should get a page that looks like this:

Thanks,
Jared

Hello,
thanks for your fast reply, you gave the right way.
I found that SGP has to be started with the option “as administrator”. The second was that I had select SGP in the windows firewall. The error message “CamereXsize” it misleading. Now the Guider Chip is available in PHD2.

I am very sorry that I come with a another issue, which I cannot resolve at my own. It is not clear, if it is a SGP API Guider issue, but I had not this case with my two other guidcams (ASI and QHY).

Issue:
PHD said, that I had to make a new dark library, right. Immediately after finishing it, the message apeared again. I tried it many times, no success to make a new dark lib.

The dialog in the middle is german. It says “Operation complete, Dark Lib created”. After closing this dialog, the message “Dark library does not match the camera in this profile” reapeared again.

Thomas

You should not need to run SGP as Admin. And I would recommend that you do NOT run it as Admin as it can cause other driver issue. Allowing it through the firewall should be adequate. When first ran windows should prompt you for this exception. I’m guessing it was denied.

Not sure about the darks issue.

Thanks,
Jared