SGP cannot find Robofocus

I’d install the RoboFocus application again, make sure that’s all working and then try the ASCOM driver I posted.

Jared

I’d install the RoboFocus application again, make sure that’s all working and then try the ASCOM driver I posted.

Magic…The pull down now shows RoboFocus as one of my choices.

I’ll go back to the obs and hook it all together and see if it works as it should…

Thanks

Alex

Just got in from Observatory in the back yard. All is connected and appears to be functioning correctly. Will, of course, have to wait until the skies clear and it gets dark to test it for reals…but it looks good thanks to your help.

I’ll still try to contact RoboFocus and see if they know what it might have been.

Alex

Good news :slight_smile:

And I talked to RoboFocus support this morning. Jared and I are the only people who have had this problem, apparently. They (the Robofocus people) have not changed their software for some time, and are using the current version of ASCOM platform, etc. (just like I am). They have no problems.

So, there we are. If anybody comes upon this thread, I don’t know if it will help or not cure their problem. As of now, by downloading an older version of the RoboFocus driver, I have SGP talking to the thing…and it is time to take pictures.

Thanks everybody.

Alex

That’s really bizarre. Wonder if maybe something in their installer is incompatible with certain operating systems or something? I’m running Win 11 on that machine.

Jared