SGP changed home position with delayed start

Hello,

I recently used the delayed start feature in a sequence, setting the sequence to start at a specific time and end at a specific time. The sequence ran as expected, but when I checked on my scope in the morning, SGP had parked it at the sequence start location, not he normal home position with the index marks aligned. It appeared the new park position was the location of the target when the sequence started. When I used the hand controller to return to the home position, I found the home position in the hand controller had been set to the same position I found the scope in. I had to manually slew the scope back to the index marks and set the park position in SGP.

Is this supposed to happen, or is it a feature I need to locate and turn off? I am running the latest version of SGP on a Windows 11 based mini PC. This is controlling my Celestron AVX mount through the Celestron ASCOM drivers.

Any suggestions?

What version of SGPro are you using? Some older versions of SGPro don’t support “Home” for telescopes, just “Park”.

I just updated it to the latest version as of 7/10, so it would have been the version immediately prior to that. Im sorry, I dont have the actual version number.

Additionally, every other time I have completed a sequence or manually parked the mount, it has always returned to the mounts home position at the index marks. It only happened with the delayed start. The sequence started from the home position, but when it completed the sequence, it parked at what I believe were the RA and Dec positions it first slewed to when pointing to the target at the sequence start.

If this is not a normal behavior of the software, then I will try it again and see if it replicates the issue. If it is somehow a setting, then Id like to change it. It was a headache to reset the mounts home position.