SGP crashes During Download

Last night SGP crashed while downloading the 6th image in a sequence of 25. PHD2 showed an error of “Failed with error 6. The handle is invalid” I checked the logs and it looks like PHD2 lost the guider camera? Things fell apart around 12:36am

I’m using an HEQ5 (Sirius) mount with a KWIQ guider and a D5100. SGP version is 2.4.1.10 while PHD2 version is 2.5.0 pre 3. I’ve been using SGP since it supported Nikon and while I’ve had issues now and then it has never crashed during a run.

Here are the logs – SGP – PHD2 Guider and PHD2 error

Any help would be appreciated.

From an SGPro perspective, it looks like you focuser ate it right before the “crash”. Not exactly sure why… nothing looks out of order before this.

[2015-06-20 12:36:49 AM] [DEBUG] [CP Update Thread] ASCOM Focuser: Error in GetCurrentPosition. : Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. (System.Exception: Error reading the position)
at System.RuntimeType.InvokeDispMethod(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Object target, Object args, Boolean byrefModifiers, Int32 culture, String namedParameters)

“Crash” is a very general term and means different things to different people. Can you describe the behavior of SGPro? Did it just shut down? Did it hang and require forced closing, etc?

Thanks,
Ken

Thanks Ken - I’m surprised that the focuser was an issue as it was only supposed to focus at the beginning of the sequence and not again - which it did ok.
When I looked at my PC in the morning SGP was open showing an image downloading. It was frozen and there was the usual Microsoft message saying on top saying it had to close. I hit ok and SGP closed. Underneath was the message about PHD2.

You’re likely right. Odds are very good that it has nothing to do with your focsuer. Errors like this are more clues than anything else. To me, since you had multiple failures in distinctly different areas, it might point to the lowest common denominator in your setup… For instance, your focuser (and other stuff) might all be connected though a hub or all be using the USB bus. So… the message from your focuser might just be telling us that something in common with other gear started to go awry.

Does your focuser share connections with other gear?

Ken, I think you have the answer. My camera, focuser, and guider are through the same powered hub while my mount is connected directly. The camera, focuser and guider all seemed to have a problem at once while the mount was working fine the next morning. So, I’ll look for hardware issues - probably the powered hub. I should have thought of that. Thanks for taking the time to help.