SGP Hung Up On Equipment Idle

SGP:

My last session hung up with a message of “Equipment Idle”. The screen was frozen on the dialogue for slewing and centering to the next target. The dialogue steps had not yet started. I had to use Window’s Task Manager to kill SGP. When I started SGP again, everything worked fine. I am unable to determine what happened and would like to ask for your assistance to help prevent this from occurring again.

I see the idle message at around 03:51 in the log file.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,
Ben

Link to Logs

Approx time of issue: 03:51

Useful Info

Ver: 4.3.0.1118 (64-bit)
.NET: 4.8
ASCOM: 6.6.1.3673

Thanks for the report. I can confirm this is an SGPro issue, but tracking it down will take a moment. The root of the issue is that SGPro ended a target early due to target end time and started taking steps tor the next. Despite this, some part of the sequencing engine did not receive the request and the camera was busy taking the next exposure for the ended target anyhow. SGPro is waiting for it to complete because it wants to use the camera for centering, etc…

Thank you, Ken. This has not happened to me again since I reported it, so it’s not a chronic issue, just one that seems to come up now and again under the certain circumstances you mentioned. I look forward to the fix coming later.

If they are easily available, the other logs would also be helpful (just in terms of locating a pattern). If they are gone, it’s all good.