SGP Imaging Run Complete (But Not)

Hello,

Last night, I was doing some H-Alpha imaging of the Rosette. Before going to bed, I noticed that my imaging run had stopped with “Imaging Run Complete” and no other errors. Thought it was weird, but I just re-started it and went to bed. When I got up this morning, it had once again stopped with “Imaging Run Complete” and no other errors. The problem was - total last night I should have had 10 images, but it stopped after only six.

I’m using SGP 2.4.3.12 and PHD 2.5.0dev7. They’ve both been working great with my new imaging gear, but not last night.

My log file: http://www.scodavis.com/temp/sgplog-20160223.txt

Any help today would be much appreciated, so I can correct things and get a full imaging run tonight.

-Scott Davis

First, you are using an unsupported older beta of SGPro. Please upgrade when you have a spare moment.

Your sequence died because:

• PHD2 lost the guide star
  • You do not have recovery mode enabled.

[2/23/2016 10:55:42 PM] [DEBUG] [Sequence Thread] Guide star lost! Aborting sequence.

I would also suggest you upgrade your PHD to version 2.6.1dev1. It contains an important fix (at least for me) that was causing frequent loss of guide star.

The latest version is currently 2.6.1dev3 I would recommend dev3 over dev1 especially if you use the backlash compensation feature.

Andy

How exactly does the backlash compensation feature work? I am intrigued.