SGP passing wrong camera data to FITS

I noticed when connecting my M25C camera (recently upgraded) that SGP is immediately reporting a wrong temp (-33.5C on connection) and feeding this to the FITS header. Consequently it is also mismanaging the cooling system. The fits headers show CCD-temp as -33.5C (despite the s/w being set to aim for -18C) and the current temp as -33.5C. Consequently it starts by trying to warm up the camera!

To check this out I used a different s/w package and that controlled it perfectly and displayed valid temps. I must conclude that the problem is with SGP.

I am using v 3.2.0.660 alpha

regards
Lawrence Harris

Did you test the other application with the ASCOM driver as well or were you using a native connection?

Also logs would be helpful:

Jared

Both using identical connections. I will locate the logs as suggested.

TIA

Lawrence

ASCOM logs from the camera driver would also be helpful.

Jared

Sorry - I give up. Cannot even see the compressed folder despite moving it to a visible folder. The error message says that the file is not a picture!! It asked for a file - not a picture. It is a zipped folder.

I’m not entirely sure what a lot of this means. You should be able to zip the logs and then upload to dropbox or a similar service and post a link to the logs here. More info is in that post I linked above.

Also if you’re having issues posting them to our forum you can email to support@mainsequencesofware.com just include a link to this page so we know what post the logs go with.

Jared

OK - sorry Jared. I believed that the ‘upload’ option meant ‘upload a file here’. But it failed. I will try to locate the driver file as well. Meanwhile I can upload the zipped file to Dropbox and post the link.

Thanks.
Lawrence

Can’t yet find ascom driver logs.

ASCOM Driver logs are typically in your Documents folder.