SGP Remote Control API

I can see that there is some basic API support here:

https://www.mainsequencesoftware.com/content/sgphelp/APIDocumentation.html

but what I am interested in does not appear to be there. The problem I would like to solve is in the field I run SGP on a Windows 10 Pro stick computer and control it remotely from a laptop or my cell phone using Windows Remote Desktop to control the PC.

The main problem with this is latency in establishing connections to the remote machine, it works fine for setting up the sequences and so on but what would be ideal is if I could run a web application on that stick computer with a UI that enabled me to select and run sequences and monitor the execution of the jobs.

The GoodNightSystem shows events as the sequence runs and this same set of event information may be good enough for monitoring for starters though I do not see in the API how this event data is to be accessed. Also there does not seem to be any APIs for loading a sequence, connecting equipment, and running a sequence, rather the documented APIs seem focused on allowing an alternative to using SGP sequences for someone who wanted for example to use SGP and control the camera and mount directly. What I want is to let SGP control all of that but just monitor what it is doing, show a preview of images which were recently captured, see the status of the auto focuser and PHD, see the status of plate solving etc. so that when I am in the field I could mostly connect to a webapp to watch the process from my laptop or cell phone on the same wireless network without having to establish a Remote Desktop connection.

Are there undocumented APIs which do these things? Or would there be any willingness to create them and collaborate in building a web application which could be deployed on a PC running SGP to provide this web interface? I would be willing to open source any web UI that I create for general use by other SGP customers if APIs to support this could be built.

The Goodnight System does not use our API. We actually integrate with it and send it status. So it’s kind of the other way around as you would use the API. We plan on making some improvements to our API in the future but they’re probably a year or more out.

Jared