SGP resetting gain/offset for ASI1600mm-c

I noticed that SGP is resetting to 0 gain / offset 21 even though I set it differently depending on what imaging I am doing; narrowband or LRGB.

This is the log file where I discovered this happening. I was doing darks. Dropbox - Error

I set, as one example, the ASI1600mm-c to unity gain setting. It doesn’t seem to be keeping this setting then. If I abort the sequence, the gain/offset is reset to gain 0, offset 21. I was able to reproduce this several times.

I use different settings depending. For narrowband I am using 200/50 and for LRGB I could use the unity gain or high dynamic range setting or even a custom setting. But SGP is resetting this it appears.

I have SGP 2.6.0.17 and its running on Win10 ver 1607.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks.

1 Like

I believe it’s fixed in latest release. See Joel Short response regard to setting the gain value to “Not Set.” in camera setting:

OK great. Thanks. I will look at that. I missed that thread somehow. Saw a few others that went on and on but never answered my question!

S.

Just reporting back. Ver 2.6.0.21 did fix this problem. In SGP it is “not set” and the ASCOM gain/offset then is not affected. Remains at the settings it should. Excellent!

Thanks again for steering me in the right direction.

S.