SGP V4.0.0.651 ASCOM OnStep driver problem

Hi,
I was just testing the new SGP 4.0.0.651 32bit (Beta) version on my setup but was not able to startup SGP when the OnStep ASCOM driver (V 1.0.15) was installed on the machine. Deinstalling this driver, SGP V4 runs as expected. Tried this more than once. The OnStep driver supports also a switch device beside the mount control functions. Perhaps could this be a problem with the new switch implememtation?

Perhaps out of topic: Is there any reason why only the EAGLE switch devices and the ASCOM Switch V2 simulator is supported in the switch tab (machine profile)? Or is this only because of beta state of this software? For me it would be nice to control the dew cap switch device also from SGP pro. But this is only a nice to have.

Thanks!

All switch devices are supported…it’s just that those are the only 2 that SGP is finding on your machine at the moment to connect to. Unlike other equipment, SGP automatically connects to switches when it finds them VS making you connect to them. If they’re not found or the connection fails this should happen silently but it could be the case with the OnStep driver that this is failing and something bad is happening. I’ll look into that driver.

Jared

Ah! Ok, good to know. Than it is a problem of my dew cap driver and not a problem of SGP.
Thanks!