SGP V4-64 trial - No longer sees SBIG camera

I’ve been using an SBIG STT-8300fwg camera for some 2 years with SGP v3. I recently decided to trial V4 and since then have not been able to connect to this camera. It also appears that PHD now fails to connect to the internal guider of this STT model.
I then uninstalled the trial V4-64 of SGP and re-installed the V3 I had been using. I discovered that the STT camera would no longer connect in SGP V3 either.
Also PHD would not connect to the API driver I have been using for the same period. Another side -effect of testing the trial V4 was that many of my sgf library of sequences could not be recognized. I seems that somehow these had been corrupted.
This has left me dead in the water regarding using SGP and I would ask for MSS to offer a solution ASAP.
J Rek
UK
I

SBIG does not have 64bit drivers…so the 64bit version of SGP will not work with SBIG. You’ll need the 32bit version.

No changes were made to the SGF format between SGP3 and SGP4 so not sure how those would have been corrupted.

Jared

Jared
I’m no computer whiz kid - but please clarify the situation re Windows, SBIG legacy drivers and SGP.
I have been happily using the SBIG with Win 10-64, the SBIG STT camera driver (assumed as you say 32 bit) as listed in the SGP camera options, and SGP V3-32bit.
How come these worked fine in Win 10-64?
If I now uninstall SGP4-64 and re-install SGP v3 that I have, are you saying that this will work OK on Win10-64 platform?
Thanks
Jan

Windows bitness and application bitness are not the same thing. You can have 32bit and 64bit applications running on a 64 bit operating system…in fact SGP3 has been 32bit all along so you’ve been doing exactly this.

Long story short is that a 64bit application cannot communicate with a 32 bit driver even if they’re on the same operating system. Thus why you’ll need to stick with the 32 bit version of SGP since you only have 32bit drivers for your SBIG.

Jared

Thank you for clarifying this.

I’m trusting that re-installing V3 will solve the problem.

Many thanks

Jan

Ravenshead,UK

B8BA906A36CA451A9F267C7C25780A62.png

Yes, or the 32bit version of V4 will also work. Up to you.

Jared