SGPro 4.1.0.789 download is deleted by Norton as a threat

I am a new user. I tried to download both the 64 bit and 32 bit version of SGPro 4.1.0.789. Norton Antivirus immediately detects and deletes the downloads stating that it is a WS.Reputation.1 threat. Not good! I am not going to risk infecting my computer with a virus. I did successfully download SGPro 3.2.0.660 successfully. Norton said it was good. So at this time I am using the older version. Please resolve this issue. I should be able to download and install without error. the latest version as part of my subscription.

Sorry, there is nothing we can do here. We have taken all steps to certify SGPro as a valid app in Windows by digitally signing both the SGPro and SGPro installer apps. This is accepted as valid for Microsoft and I cannot say why it’s not for Norton. In any case, our “many” inquiries to Norton about this issue go unanswered.

You can always allow SGPro as an exception with Norton or, if that’s not acceptable, a refund may be in order and we’re happy to do this if required.

@Ken FWIW, I have never made an exception in Norton, I just use to disable auto-protect, DL SGP and install. After reading this, I just tried a manual DL without any disabling and worked just fine.

CL

Appreciate it. Norton is a mystery to me. It is the only AV suite that gives us problems…

I have had this problem in the past, always with Norton. Their strategy does not look fair at all (not surprisingly, there is a paid option to have your programs “validated”).

IMHO, the safest is to check any executable with virustotal (https://virustotal.com). It will test using many engines.

Jaime.