SGPro 4 Beta - Switches Primer

Yes you can. 32bit installs in Program Files(x86) 64 bit in Program Files. I would recommend making sure you’re running the same version of both as they will share your profiles and settings.

Jared

Sorry, I may have misunderstood but you are suggested installing 32b V3 and 64B V4. I was asking if using only 32b versions, I can install both V3 and V4.
Thanks

My bad, misunderstood the question. You can install them side by side but you’ll have to move the installation location for one of them at install time as they will both try to install into the same location. It’s possible but I don’t generally recommend it.

Jared

I still can’t get the switches to work with the Eagle3. Is that still a known issue, or has that been fixed and I am doing something wrong?

We’re still working on the native Eagle switches. But if you’re using the ASCOM implementation of them they should work.

Jared

I apologize in advance for the depth of my ignorance, but I didn’t appreciate there was a difference. I am just going to the switches tab, looking under Eagle and changing their states. If there is a way to make that work otherwise, I would be happy to do that while you sort out the native implementation. Might I ask how I can do that?

I could be wrong about that…I thought there were ASCOM drivers but I’m not immediately finding them on their site. I know @ken is doing some implementation with the Native Eagle switches that should be out in the next couple of days.

Jared

Okay, thanks. I will wait to see those.

Dear Jare,
One of the new 4.0 release is great the switch control choice but from my personal point of view is that SGP launch the switch apps in our case DRAGONFLY, the problem is that we cannot have the choice to launch those apps , I think it will be the choice to open SGP and after you decide if you want to connect this “switch” apps.
And sorry for my ignorance but are those switch integrated in the secuence or will a choice to integrate in the Profile Manager to connect with the secuences to order the change of the switches?
Thanks

1 Like

A question on switches. Can one set-up a delay before end of sequence switches act on OFF. For example, if you have a power switch that controls power to your camera and you want the camera to heat-up at the end of the sequence, will the switch turn the camera off immediately or wait for end of sequence events.
Also, agree that ability to have a script added would be great.

I agree with this, I don’t think it is a good idea to have SGP start the switch apps (Dragonfly, Pegasus, etc.) when SGP starts. In fact it is really anoying when I just open SGP to make some sequence edits etc.

Especially with the Pegasus Power box there is a popup every few seconds if the box is not connected… A choice to select the switches to use and controls to connect/disconnect would really be best.

Yes, fully agree! I would expect SGP to first of allow the user to decided when to connect to a switch and not do this automatically when launching SGP. Secondly I would expect SGP to then only offer connections to switches defined in the sequence that is loaded and/or the equipment profile that has been applied to the sequence.

@Ken or Jared: is this indeed the direction you are heading with the development of this switch functionality in SGP4? So user selectable switches per sequence or equipment profile and user selectable moment to connect to the switch? It is not clear to my why you would want SGP to automatically connect to all switches it can find right at the start.

An option to just "turn off the “switches” part of the whole program would be incredibly useful. My sequences won’t run because it cannot connect to a “Pegasus Powerbox Switch-14”. They Pegasus driver says it new on the website but still loads v2.3 when I download. I dont have a switch-14, and I’m not sure why it is any of SGPros business whether I have one or not.
SGPro certianly shouldn’t abort a squence in its tracks because it cannot accompish a futile act ! This just plain nonsense.

While not the best solution, you can uninstall or deregister the ASCOM driver if you’re not actually using it. Assuming you want to stay on SGP4.

Jared

Ok, thanks. It seems odd that for everything else , one chooses to connect, but for this, it isn’t optional.

Is that by deleting the profile in the ASCOM profile editor , or the uninstalling the switch’s ASCOM driver itself?

Just pushed a release out (should be available in about 30 mins to an hour) that addresses a handful of issues with switches. I’m not sure I got 100% but it should be substantially better and way less crashy :crossed_fingers:

Jared

Many thanks for this Jared- I can now create new sequences and edit equipment profiles without the hardware connected.

Same here as buzz, seems to work as it should. Really appreciate the fix.

BobT

I will ask if I it will be possible to write own scripts to control home made switches or integrate other vendor switches controlled via web interface where I can use wget command to control the switch.