SGPro manual rotator ends up 90 degrees off

I’ve been using SGPro for quite awhile with a QHY9M camera without any issues. I recently upgraded to a ZWO ASI071MC Pro, and all of my images are coming out about 90 degrees perpendicular from what they are supposed to be from the framing and mosaic wizard.

I’ve checked to make sure I have the WxH pixel counts correct, but I can’t figure out what is going on.

I’m using Astrometry.NET (local) as my plate solver and I get successful solves/centers, etc.

I follow the prompts when the manual rotating routine runs and it gets within my margin of error and starts the imaging run.

I’m running SGPro 2.6.1 (106)

Any ideas on what might be wrong or what I should investigate? This has happened on both of my imaging runs when using this camera.

Thanks!

-David

Thanks!

-David

That is quite an old release that you’re running. I’d recommend updating to a newer 2.6 build and trying this again. You’ll also need to update to .Net 4.7.2 or 4.8 in the process. If that doesn’t address the issue please upload a log so we can take a look:

Jared

The image orientation in SGP is whatever the camera provides. The ASCOM standard says nothing about the orientation of images. I have a QHY10 camera that gives an orientation that is vertical. I don’t recall whether the QHY9 has the same issue. I always have to keep that in mind when using the FM wizard. The FM wizard knows nothing about the real image orientation. That’s something you have to take into account.