SGPro Window Positioning

This is a continuation of an offshoot on another thread. Rather than diluting that thread, I have continued that part of it here…

I have just released a version of SGPro (4.2.0.1152) that implements the following features for window positioning:

• The Sequencer Window now remembers its last know visible / hidden state.
  • The Control Panel Window now remembers its last know visible / hidden state.
  • The Control Panel Window now remembers its last know position.
  • The Sequencer Window now remembers its last known height per-sequence. In other words, you’ll need to set this per-sequence (will add a default height at some point in the future).
  • Fixed a few bugs for positioning of the main window (note: there is still a bug where maximize of the main window will not take up the entire space available to due to the custom window themes and present because the themed windows have a transparent area along the bottom).

These features will be present in the next 4.3 beta release too.

1 Like

Thanks Ken! This is a great feature I have often wanted to ask about.

BUT…after installing the new version with this, the main UI opens up in the top left corner of my Windows desktop in its smallest size. So I need to drag it larger. Also the sequencer needed to be saved before it remembered the size. Should I submit a log? This is a Win10 Pro machine,

That is expected for the first time because they are new settings using defaults. Are you saying that after setting things the way you like and closing, the reopening, it goes back to the default position?

This is also by design. The sequencers height is a property of the sequence and should save alongside it.

Correct, every time I am closing SGP and reopening it the main UI is in the top left corner and in its smallest size. Also this is the 32bit if that helps.

Here is a link to the log file:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvS8h0XIqquQzSaBlMUVzZDjWMzy?e=sNUR1h

Ah, OK, I think I know what it is actually and it would explain why I dont see that behavior here.

Ken, thanks for the latest push of code. That fixed the main UI issue I was seeing. Though it does seem for me that the Control Panel is not remembering its position, nor the sequencer. But the sequencer is remembering its vertical size.

Ok, Thx. That seems to be a different issue that I’ll look at shortly.

Ok… there was an issue where a late fix applied for recording window visibility was incompatible with the new code to record its location. This has been fixed and will be available in about an hour or so…

Can confirm it is fixed and working as expected. Thanks Ken!

Just installed beta 4.3.0.1154 64-bit.
First AND second time it looked like this:

After first time I enlarged and moved the main window to bottom left, put the control panel above it, and enlarged and moved the sequencer to the right of the main window. But 2nd time windows were in the initial position.

3rd AND 4th times I got this, again, all in the upper left:

Interesting that after the first time I cleared the Image History, but it was still there in the 3rd time. I cleared it again and the 4th time it was gone.

If it makes any difference, all I did for these tests was started SGP, moved/resized the windows, and exited. Then restarted, etc. I did NOT connect any equipment or do anything else.

The “Planning Tools” window opens partially off the bottom and right of my screen, because my Sequence window is near the bottom of the screen and the Target Settings window opens about 2/3 the way to the right. It would be nice is the Planning Tools window made sure it was always fully on the screen.

The beta does not contain the fixes yet. The fixes in the beta will be released shortly…

Just installed 4.3.0.1159 64-bit.

• The Control Panel and Sequence Window work well - last position and size.
  • The main window’s size is correct but it always opens at the top left.
  • The Planning Tools window still opens partially off the bottom and right on my screen.

I’ll take a look at the main window again, though I am unable to produce any issues with it.

I have made no attempt to change anything here.

FYI, the Image History Detail windows’ location and state (shown/hidden) is not kept between sessions.
It would be nice if it also remembered the column widths and overall size.