I am new to SGP and this is my first try with SGP under the stars. I did the well known Veil Nebula as a test. The main goal was to check if my equipment works. This was also the first try of my new motorfocuser DIY. (http://sourceforge.net/projects/arduinofocuscontrollerpro/).
How I did it:
- focus manually with a other software
- switch to SGP and connect my Moravian G2-8300, Filterwheel, PHD2 …with a user and equip. profile
- goto object with the mounts controller
- manual center with the hand controller
- platesolving with a local version of astrometry.net -> works
- starting autofocus with 2xbin
- create a RGB sequence, 7 frames per filter, autofocus at filter change, bias, darks
at 1h clouds came up and the sequence stopped with the log “guide star lost”. I am sure that there is a way the bias or darks run after this. I am in the learning curve.
-processing with PixInsight