Shooting the second night, how to have same framing?

I am shooting the Crescent Nebula a second night with perfect framing/centering the first night. What steps should I use to get the exact same framing the second and third nights?

If you were already using Slew and Center on your sequence, it will do so automatically when you fire it up a second time.
If you forgot, pull up one of your prior images, plate solve it and set it as the target coordinates of your sequence.

Thanks Buzz,
I just have a followup:
I looked at where I was slewing to in SGPro in the Target Settings and see the following:
RA:20h 12m 10s
DEC: 38* 19’ 33.00"

When I look at the FITS header for an image from the previous night I see the following:
OBJCTRA: '20 12 25.532
OBJCTDEC: +38 22 19.031

When I do a plate solve on this image I get the following:
RA: 20h 12m 17.89s
DEC: 38 19’ 41.04"

I then said this was my new target values for the Crescent Nebula.
So I should use the plate solving coordinates? I was wondering why the difference between the header on the FITS file of the actual image and the plate solving coordinates. Just wondering about the disparity.

We have nothing but cloudy skies for a week so that’s why I can’t just try this right now. I wanted to understand the recorded RA and DEC coordinates that are in the header vs plate solve coordinates.

There will always be minor differences, the accuracy of a slew and centre can be anything from 4 to 100 pixels, corresponding to an arc minute or so. You will never notice.

1 Like

Stop the sequence before it is finished and move on to the next (disable or clear the current sequence. That way you are not finished and can continue and complete the sequence on another night.

1 Like