Sky Safari setup

Hi all,
Need some help getting sky safari up and running with SGP
I click the little check box in the mount section to allow external control and from what I read in the manual, the tab should display a listening port to enter into the sky safari app. This doesn’t happen. Nothing happens. Just says “idle…”
Any ideas on where to go next?
Thanks!

I’m far away from my toys, but if I remember correctly…

Check you computer’s IP address by right clicking on “Start” and then open a command prompt. From there type ipconfig to see your local IP address for the wireless adapter for the network that both the computer and SkySafari device are on. Enter that in SkySafari Settings/Setup with Connect via WiFi along with port 4030. Make sure you have the right Scope and Mount types selected. From there back out to the main window, select Telescope, press Connect and cross your fingers:star_struck:

Click on an object and hit Goto with Lock enabled. Your mount should move and you should see it on your device’s screen.

(Yes, there are other ways to get the IP address (Network/Properties/Change Adapter Settings/…/… and so on), but the command prompt seems the simplest to me)

Thanks for help, working good now!

FYI the latest version of SGP also supports the auto detect option. Just put in your computers host name (case sensitive!) Into the SkyFi name field.

I considered leaving this as “SkyFi” but figured it would have been problematic for star parties.

Jared Wellman
– Co-Founder and Developer
www.mainsequencesoftware.com