Slew and center failure

Hello all, I read the posts and followed all the recommendations, but still I cannot resolve the issue. My issue is that I can not get stable slew and center performance of my mount. I have SW EQ6-R Pro and I use EQMOD for controlling my mount. I always do three point star alignment with Stellarium. My points always on both sides of meridian. I see the pointing model in EQMOD. I use “sync” for the mount syncronisation behavior. Normally, my first slew and center works fine and I get to the point within 50 pixels after three attempts. My polar alignment, balancing, system coordinates are all fine and checked. However, my following slews and center fail. For example, after meridian flip, I cannot slew and center, it fails.
My request, could you please review my SGP log and see if it does say something about failure to center. Possibly, I can learn what the issue is.
Thank you for your help.
Grigory

Please, can anyone help me. Now my slew and centering is not working at all. I think it has to do with the target I am shooting. Now I am trying to do M51 and it is close to the pole and it makes problems. Thank you for any help.
Grigory

It is possible your pointing model and sync setting are interfering with one another. Is eqmod set for dialog based operation?

Bob

@Bkoch Is on to the most likely of causes here. EQMOD can be extremely challenging to configure. It is why we made this:

https://help.sequencegeneratorpro.com/UsingEQMODwithSGPro.html

Unfortunately, it was made some time ago and have not gotten any recent feedback as to its accuracy in 2022.

Thank you for your help. EQMOD had “Append on Sync” and SGP has “Sync” behavior. However, it did work in the past…. I am more and more inclined to think that slew and center depends on the object. I will read the attached document.

Thank you,

Grigory

Hi Grigory,

It’s crucial to set EQMOD sync to Dialogue Based and to clear out any pointing model you may already have.

You don’t need to create any alignment model, platesolving will handle your pointing and alignment for you, any pointing model will clash with what the auto centreing is trying to do and that’s what you’ve been seeing.

I’ve since moved to a different mount but had EQMOD and centering working flawlessly for several years, see my settings in this old post;

Best,
Ian

Thank you Ian. I will try to do that next time I image. Just a follow up a question: I do not need to do any star alignment? I was doing it for more than a year, as I am in this hobby.

Thank you again,

Grigory

I never did any star alignment, very occasionally the centreing would take one or two more iterations than the default allows for. I increased the threshold to ten attempts to be safe but it would usually succeed in three or four.

Give it a go, I’m happy to answer any more questions if you run into trouble.

Cheers,
Ian

Thank you Ian