SPG set-up for auto guide

Im just not learning SGP and I am going thru the set-up of SGP. I have figured out the set up for most of the the accessories (focuser, mount, cameras) but Im unsure about the auto guide set up in the equipment profile manager. I am using an ASI120 camera for a guide scope but the camera is not listed in the drop down menu for auto guide, only different software. I have installed ANSVR and Astap based on recommendations in the forums and after trying each I will settle on which one to keep.

Where do I set up the ASI120 camera as a guide scope and integrate it into the auto guide set up?

SGP does not guide. I’d recommend PHD2 https://openphdguiding.org/

SGP then talks to PHD2 to start/stop/dither your guider.

Thank you,
Jared

Thanks Jared, I guess I need to figure out what software to use…

The software you listed are only for plate solving and centering (as far as I know) . PHD 2 is for autoguiding.

You would need to create a profile in PHD2 set up all your equipment then in SGP select PHD for autogiuding and the select the profile you want used.

OK, I have things set up (hopefully correct). Ive done some research about plate solving using SGP and what most places say is, to test plate solve, “I would need to open an image in SGP”. Can anyone explain where the image comes from? Since Im just starting out, I have not made images as of yet. Does SGP come with test images?

Hi.
You can ask a friend to send you an image but you need to know the focal lens and dimension of pixels from your friend and enter these values in SGP before trying to plate solve.
JM

Thanks for the reply, I found some photos on the internet.