ST-8300M COMMAND_ERR - Connection Issues

Hi, I was never able to use the 64bit version of sgp pro with my ST8300M. Been using the 32bit just fine. I did some research and tried upgrading the sbig driver but no luck so I settled for the 32bit. I just set up a new Windows 11 pro pc and neither version is working. I get the same “SBIG Error while opening driver: COMMAND_ERR.” and "Error connecting to SBIG camera. Which is the same error I got with the 64bit version on the old pc. I am running version 3.2 on both old and new. But again it does not work on the new one…

Has anyone solved this known issue. I can connect to my camera with other software just fine on both machines…

Thank you in advance.

Fred

Can you connect to and use the camera in SBIGs “stock” application (the name escapes me… maybe C CDSharp?). Have you tried completely uninstalling and re-installing the SBIG drivers with their driver installer tool?

I’ve tried reinstalling the SGP 32 and 64. Deleting the drivers manually. Reinstalling the 32 bit and 64 bit drivers. The only difference is that the machine where SGP 32 bit works is a windows 10 machine. CCDOps does not work anymore…

I have the SBIG driver working with SGP 64 bit. Here are my notes:

Need to copy the 64-bit driver SBIGUDrv.dll (version 4.9.9.8) to C:\Program Files\Sequence Generator Pro 64bit to get 64-bit SGP to work.

The version in C:\Windows\System (5.1.1.0) doesn’t work.