Super slow downloads with ASI6200

I just switched to an ASI6200. Downloads are taking 30-35 seconds, compared to 8 seconds using NINA’s built-in ASI driver. Is there a way to speed this up? With LRGB I’m planning to take 2 minute exposures, so a 30 second download time is too long.

Unfortunately it seems to be a limitation of their ASCOM driver. We may do native support for ZWO again but no promises at this time.

Jared

I’m afraid that’s a dealbreaker for me. I’ve been using SGP since it was shareware, but I’m going to have to switch. Sorry to leave!

Kevin

Yeah, I get it. This has been on my todo list for a while. Spent some time messing around with their updated drivers today…we ended up dropping support as their drivers were just undergoing constant releases with breaking changes and it was very difficult to stay on top of. Seems like things have stabilized a good deal there though. We’ll probably be able to add native support back in. We’re doing some testing but should be able to have it in a beta a week or so after we get back from NEAIC/NEAF. Seeing about a 4 second time from image complete to image displayed on screen for a 1x1.

Jared

I’d like to see the support too. I’d like to continue to use my experience with SGP.

Could you do native support for QHY600 - same issue with ASCOM driver?

Suddenly my ASI6200MM Pro is suffering slow download speeds. I made sure I have the latest ASCOM SP2 installed, I uninstalled and re-installed SGP, I rolled back the ZWO native and ASCOM drivers to the prior from the latest, etc, and cannot seem to get the slow download to go away. I have had this camera for weeks and it worked great. But now after maybe 3 to 6 downloads it goes into super crawl taking up to 5 minutes to complete single frame download. Windows 11 updates could be the culprit of course but nothing we can do about that. I tested my downloads with NINA and Sharpcap and both are quick and snappy. I did email ZWO about it yesterday and they said no current reports of problems like this. I am trying to capture flats and it is slogging through but indicating errors capturing that I do not understand. I have a log of the in process effort but am not certain how to send it. I asked for LRGB flats, 25 frames each. I mistakenly left it to sequence through all 4 then move to next vs telling it to finish a sequence 1st. But it shoudl work and fairly quickly, But it is taking forever…

Problem solved. Not an SGP issue. I studied the logs and spotted an entry regards unable to resolve Pegasus Astro Switches which prompted me to uninstall and re-install the Pegasus Astro Unity Platform. That fixed it. So I am going to declare this as a one time bad SW update process with Pegasus Astro. I usually just accept and allow the Pegasus SW update to proceed when offered. No more. Instead will wait and uninstall and re-install Pegasus Astro Platform updates the next day to ensure no conflicts and be able to assure good capture nights.

1 Like