Taking flats past end time, how?

I have configured the sequence that all light frames are taken between start and end time when the target is above the horizon. The flats and bias are taken when the telescope is parked. This morning I saw that the flats and bias are not taken because they were past the end time. How can I tell SGP to take flats and bias past the end time at any safety condition or whatsoever since they are taken in the parking position anyways.

When I resume the sequence SGP still does not take the flats as you can see in the screenshot above.

Dietmar

I put them in a separate target so they’re not affected by the start/end time for the lights.

Dave

1 Like

Hi Dave,
thanks for the advice. I will do it like you propose tonight.
I still think SGP could do better.
Dietmar

Do better how? By guessing what you mean about end times for a target?

That depends how good SGP is in guessing. What definitely works is a simple flag in the sequence options. I live in an area where air time is valuable and should not be wasted for flats and darks and bias.
Dietmar

Here is an update from last night. When I looked at SGP this morning I saw this. Whatever target I selected I only got light frames even so the second target only has flats, dark and bias.

I had to close the sequence window and reopen it to see my flats events. There seems to be a refresh issue.

At 7:37 I got an Alert Email:

1. It would be nice to also see the target in this email
  2. Since my dome is closed when I take flats I do not care about Safe conditions. How can I tell SGP to take flats, darks, bias even under unsafe conditions?

Dietmar

1 Like