Temperature compensation with Observing Conditions Data

Hi,
my question is simple: if have a focuser without temperature probe, SGPro can active temperature compensation with Weather Observing Conditions data (es Temperature, humidity, pressure… etc) ?

Thanks

No, you can use an external temperature probe for triggering focus runs but not for temperature compensation. Generally for temp compensation you want to have a temperature sensor very near or even on our actual optical tube assembly so the temperature drop is consistent with your OTA.

Jared

ok, it’s right… the focuser probe is necessary for temperature compensation, but if we have a small weather station very close to the optical tube, it could also pass the value to the “focus & control” section. I have this question because my focuser has the 3.5mm port (probe ???) but i don’t know if it is for temperature probe.

Focuser HitecAstroDc v2 Controller

It’s likely that is for a temperature probe. May want to contact the manufacturer or have a look through the manual for the device.

Jared

Ok,
I connected an external temperature probe and it works, but it does not seem synchronized: if I connect the focuser with ASCOM Device Hub, temperature measurement is accurate and similar to value in driver software.
When connecting SGPro, however, the driver software gives an accurate measurement, while the value in the Focus Control window is not very accurate and updates itself with a longer time interval.

Is this normal?

Thanks

The explanation is given here: ASCOM focuser temperature incorrectly reported in SGPro .

Bernd

Hi,
thank you for your answer. I have read the whole discussion and I also think that there should be an option to disable smoothing feature in SGPro.

I hope in the development of this feature ( a simple checkbox On /Off )

Thanks