Templates for targets

Can I create a template that I can apply to a target?
I know I can save a sequence as a template, but this only benefits the broader settings like hardware config and settings.
In all of my shots I tend to use the same EXPOSURE formula for either narrow band or broad band.
For narrow band I shoot HA/O3/S2.
Each of these events has to be added, and have the gain/offset set.
Each of the event exposures has to be set, even though every time I shoot the same exposure length, the same binning, and the same number of sub frames.
If I could set these just once as a template, and then apply the template to a target, SGP would be a dream.
The template would include a list of events, the type, filter, exposure, binning, repeat number, gain and offset.

thanks

You can copy the events from one target to another with the click of the mouse. So, you can create a template target in your target list with the filters, exposures, counts and camera gain/offset. I do this all the time as I keep a rather long list of targets for the imaging season that include NB, LRGB, etc. events.

Mark

1 Like

awesome, I did not know that was even there! doh!
cool
Appreciate the reply

Malcolm

Note: Right click on the target that you want to populate with events from another target that you can select from when choosing the Copy Events from in the pop up menu.

Mark

I can still see a use for a target template.
If I want to start a new target in a new sequence file, there is no target to copy from.

In the meantime, I suppose creating a one-target sequence with all the settings but a target name of “TEMPLATE”, then saving it would basically give you a template.
To use it, you’d open the template sequence, give the target a name, then save the sequence to a file with a different name.

You could have as many templates as you wanted.

Sequence templates are here…

I know you are looking for this at a target level, but this is not yet available (tho a good idea)

And provide an alternate workflow to equipment profiles, including the ability to store default targets and events.

I need to look at why that part of the help file, which is indeed documented, is not building…

1 Like