Totally New to SGP using Paramount MX+ and SBIG

1. I can connect to my Paramount MX+ but I must use the “POTH” instead of “ASCOM Telescope Driver for The Sky” . Whenever I connect to the mount in TSX64 it needs to b homed. However I don’t see how I can home the mount in SGP. Could the issue be selecting the POTH?

2. TSX64 can connect to my SBIG sSTF-8300 and STi autoguider but SGP cannot connect. I have the 64 bit SBIG drivers installed and TSX can use it just fine.

Suggestions?

Hi ngc jim,

Welcome to the SGP forums! These are two “suggestions” …here goes…

1. Connect your mount to SGP and click on Control Panel >>Telescope>>Park Scope>>Set Home Position.

2. SGP requires ASCOM drivers. Go to Cloudynights.com and search in the forums for “SBIG ASCOM”. Someone made a driver for the SBIG cameras, and it should be there

Clear Skies,

Paul

I can’t comment on the mount, but the 64 bit version of SGP does run with the SBIG 64 bit drivers. I use SGP V4.3 64bit with the older SBIG ST2000XM and ST10XME cameras fine. If I remember right, I got SGP64 to work by placing the 64 bit sbigudrv.dll into C:\windows\systems\

Mike

I’m not exactly sure why this is, but homing is introduced in SGPro 4.3 (in beta, but available now). It will be released soon.

Are you using 64-bit SGPro also? If so, can you include logs showing the connection attempt?

Further guidance is here:

I am using SGPro 64 bit on Windows 10. I have not tried the beta. I will pay attention to where I post support questions. I will now try to figure out how and where to post my log.

Thank you. I will try hopefully this weekend when its supposed to be clear. It’s raining slightly here in Southern California.

I have installed the Ascom drivers. I will re-install and see if that fixes things.

/Jim

You can send your log to the forum within the SGPro app. Further guidance in link above.