UI hanging while disconnecting ASCOM camera

My sequence finished and the taskbar entry was still showing the moving green bar like it does when SGPro’s doing something. I disconnected the camera and focuser. When I tried to disconnect the ASCOM mount (Software Bisque) the user interface hung - I can’t move any SGP windows or click on anything. The last two entries in the log file at this point are:

• [11/21/20 07:52:19.977][DEBUG][Main Thread][NONE] Disconnecting ASCOM Telescope: ASCOM.SoftwareBisque.Telescope
  • [11/21/20 07:52:26.845][DEBUG][Equipment Connectivity Thread][NONE] SGPro thinks the telescope is connected, but it’s not, syncing UI…

I exited The SkyX and it didn’t help (although SGP popped up a notice that “External disconnect of telescope detected”), so I tried closing SGP by right clicking on its taskbar entry and selecting Close.
SGP popped up a dialog box saying “SGPro still has gear connected. Are you sure you want to exit?”, but I couldn’t click on it or move it.

The log file now had these lines:

• [11/21/20 08:05:14.661][DEBUG][Main Thread][NONE] Adding sequence level notification: External disconnect of telescope detected…
  • [11/21/20 08:05:14.683][DEBUG][Equipment Connectivity Thread][NONE] Sending Notification: Warning - External disconnect of telescope detected…
  • [11/21/20 08:05:15.547][DEBUG][Main Thread][NONE] Disconnecting ASCOM Telescope: ASCOM.SoftwareBisque.Telescope
  • [11/21/20 08:05:15.547][DEBUG][CP Update Thread][NONE] ASCOM Telescope: Error in GetCurrentPos : GetAndFixRaDec (ASCOM.NotConnectedException: GetAndFixRaDec
  • at ASCOM.SoftwareBisque.Telescope.CheckConnected(String message)
  • at ASCOM.SoftwareBisque.Telescope.GetAndFixRaDec()
  • at ASCOM.SoftwareBisque.Telescope.get_RightAscension())
  • at ASCOM.DriverAccess.MemberFactory.CheckDotNetExceptions(String memberName, Exception e) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\MemberFactory.cs:line 559
  • at ASCOM.DriverAccess.MemberFactory.GetTargetInvocationExceptionHandler(String memberName, Exception e) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\MemberFactory.cs:line 663
  • at ASCOM.DriverAccess.MemberFactory.CallMember(Int32 memberCode, String memberName, Type[] parameterTypes, Object[] parms) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\MemberFactory.cs:line 230
  • at ASCOM.DriverAccess.Telescope.get_RightAscension() in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\Telescope.cs:line 765
  • at si.kc(Boolean A_0)

I assume the last set of log entries implies a bug in Software Bisque’s ASCOM driver, but what could have been causing the SGP user interface to hang? I had to force kill SGPro via the task manager.

I’m running SGPro 3.2.0.613 on a Windows 10 PC

I have this problem on rare occasions with my Paramount. I traced it to a coms fall-out, as another device that connected to it by ASCOM had the same issue.
When this occurs - go back into the ASCOM settings and check that some of your enabled options have not been reset. Don’t know why, but I suspect it is downstream of SGP.

Buzz,
How do I check the ASCOM settings? If it’s via SGP, I’ll need to force kill it, then get back in and check, correct?

my apologies , for some reason I missed the question.
Just hit the wrench button in the sequencer for the mount, this brings up the properties.

Buzz,
When SGP is hung after trying to disconnect TheSkyX ASCOM driver, the SGP user interface doesn’t respond so clicking on the wrench doesn’t do anything.

Yeah - I sometimes get that when I have been fiddling. Usually requires me to kill a few processes in the Task Manager, or a reboot. When you say disconnect the driver - you don’t mean physically disconnect? I only have issues when I pull a cable or I screw up TSX somehow.

Buzz,
I get the problem when I click on the Connect/Disconnect icon in SGP next to the driver entry. Sometimes if I disconnect from the mount in TheSkyX, or exit TheSkyX while SGP is hung, it will unhang SGP, but other times it remains hung. I haven’t noticed a pattern.

Eric