Unable to select telescope "EQMOD HEQ5/6"

Hi all

I am trying to make work together PHD, Cartes du ciel and SGP. My mount is a Skywatcher HEQ5. There are no problems to select the driver “EQMOD HEQ5/6” on both CdC and PHD, they work just fine, however I cannot do so on SGP. I get the following warning when I choose it and try to open the device settings:

Check driver: cannont create objetct type of proID: EQMOD HEQ5/6

If I try to connect the telescope, then SGP will shut down. It seems that POTH HUB works, but I do not know if it’s an adequate alternative to “EQMOD HEQ5/6”. I am also having some problems with plate solving, I think they are not related with POTH HUB, I believe it’s just a matter of configuration but now I am not that certain about it.

Anyone could give me a hint on how to get EQMOD HEQ5/6 working? Shall I settle for POTH HUB instead?

Thank you!

Hi,

I have the same set up as you. This issue sounds like the programs are trying to open multiple instances of EQMOD. When that happened to me it was because one program was running in ADMIN mode and the other wasn’t. So my suggestion would be to make sure all the programs are running in ADMIN mode or all in normal mode.

By the way I usually open SGPro first and connect to my equipment, then I open the other programs as required.

Regards

Derek

Thank you, Derek. Unfortunately that is not the problem.

I would say it is something related with drivers or program versions, but it seems to be ok. I’m lost, I don’t have a clue of what’s going on.

Hi Pelayo,

Yes, sorry, your problem seems a little different because I never saw that error message when selecting the driver in SGPro that you reported. I just had problems when trying to connect to the telescope.

Is your driver labeled “EQMOD HEQ5/6” as you mentioned in your post? Mine is “EQMOD ASCOM HEQ5/6”. I don’t know if that means anything or not since your other applications use the driver successfully.

I think EQMOD may be preferable to POTH HUB since there are mount specific parameters that are helpful to set for guiding and you can set up mount limits etc, I don’t know if the generic hub will allow that.

I hope you track the problem down. Maybe someone else can help. Please let us know if you find out what the problem is.

Regards

Derek