Ken and Jared,
I would like to understand what you described in latest AF update in latest SGP 188.8.131.52. Here is what I normally and always do when operating SGP.
- Slew to known star nearest target DSO, center it and sync it with mount’s hand controller.
- Sharply focus the star with Bahtinov mask.
- Use SGP’s “Slew Now” to slew mount to target DSO.
- Use “Center Now” to center image.
- Select same filter as first event.
- Run Auto Focus to make sure the initial focus is good and will give nice V curve. Sometimes I run AF again.
- Start PHD2, Select guide star. Start guiding.
- Click on “Run Sequence”.
Will your latest AF update affect the way I run SGP?