Update installer issue

Hi

I have 2 licences 2 machine , and recently updated both to 3.2.0.600 as part of the “paid” version

Both machine run ASCOM 6.5 on the primary machine running windows 7 64 bit, having checked for updates I could see version 3.2.0.609 , I uploaded it tried to run the installer and got the error message installer can’t start or run due to incompatibilities with 64bit version of windows …

Ok move on to backup machine ,WIN10 ASCOM 6.5 64bit ,same version of SGP check for update and 3.2.0.609 was available downloaded and started the updater , it did nothing just disappeared.

Are there any issues ongoing or fixes ?

Regards Trevor

I was under the impression that the 64 bit software was not ready yet. I tried to load it today when I discovered the new rules. I ended up loading 3.3.169 I believe

Hi h2opolo,

I’ve just updated to v3.2.0.609. When I used the ‘Update Available’ pop-up dialogue the download only partially completed which left the installer in a corrupt state. So I went to the main site instead and downloaded the installer from there. All worked well thereafter.

May I suggest, if you’ve not tried this approach already, to see if this resolves the issue for you.

Regards,
Dave

I’m not sure you have the right guy. Did you get a message from me about this?

Sean Molony

Hi Sean,

Sorry I should have addressed my reply posting to Trevor who started this tread, rather than picking up on your reply to him.

Cheers,
Dave

Hi Dave , yes I had tried that and it did work. I guess you get used to one method of updating .pity the feature is disabled till it’s repaired.

Trevor

Well said Sean, mosaic wizard alone is the best I’ve seen so far.

Trevor

Hi Sean,

I’m not sure of the virtue of your request to link me with your site as I didn’t have a specific website of my own these days. The images I do post I do through Flickr with the main objective being to share them with other members of our local Basingstoke Astronomy Society.

I too use SGPro, which we all agree is a great application, along with PHD2 for guiding and PixInsight for processing.

Kind regards,
Dave

609 should address the installer issue. We have not yet released the 64bit version.

Jared

Hi Jared,

Thanks for your clarification. May I just add that when I tried to update 3.2.0.600, in response to the message dialogue, I experienced the same symptom, re a short download of the installer of only 147KB, and the associated ‘file corrupt’ warning when trying to use it. I thought that perhaps the connection had dropped out the first time so re-ran the sequence but got the same result.

I then went to the Main site and download the installer from there. I got the full file that subsequently loaded and ran satisfactorily.

Just an observation that may or may not be relevant.

Kind regards,
Dave

It’s funny Dave. I was getting emails and answering them. I didnt realize you were coming from the forum. I thought that sgp contacted me about the upload I did Saturday. That’s why I kept asking why you emailed me. Funny. I now realize that your responses on the forum apparently get emailed to you. To funny. Just disregard

Sean Molony

Today’s operating systems (not including Linux) require a minimum of 8 GB of RAM, and 16 GB is actually more appropriate. In addition, they work so much better with a solid-state drive. So if you want to get the performance that you expect out of today’s applications, update your computer.