V3.1.0.539 CCD Temp fails (QHY168C)

QHY168C temperature failed to cool, SGP cooler temp display switches between set temp and “N/A”

Just updated to 3.1.0.539, tried SGP restart, no change. Tried another program, CCD Temp OK, installed SGP 3.1.0.478, CCD Temp OK.

Aprox time of issue: 20:52:53.045

Link to Logs

Useful Info

Ver: 3.1.0.478
.NET: 4.8

Looks like the driver got into a weird state. Lots of these exceptions are found throughout the log. Guessing that if somewhere along the line the driver was power cycled or a non-ASCOM driver was used it may have reset things.

[07/27/20 20:52:55.343][DEBUG][CP Update Thread][NONE] ASCOM Camera: Error in GetCoolerTemp. : value of CCDTemperature is invalid. (System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: value of CCDTemperature is invalid.
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeType.InvokeDispMethod(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Object target, Object[] args, Boolean[] byrefModifiers, Int32 culture, String[] namedParameters)
   at System.RuntimeType.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags bindingFlags, Binder binder, Object target, Object[] providedArgs, ParameterModifier[] modifiers, CultureInfo culture, String[] namedParams)
   at System.Type.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object target, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture)
   at ASCOM.DriverAccess.MemberFactory.CallMember(Int32 memberCode, String memberName, Type[] parameterTypes, Object[] parms) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\MemberFactory.cs:line 243)
   at ASCOM.DriverAccess.MemberFactory.CallMember(Int32 memberCode, String memberName, Type[] parameterTypes, Object[] parms) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\MemberFactory.cs:line 284
   at ASCOM.DriverAccess.Camera.get_CCDTemperature() in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\Camera.cs:line 126
   at so.gr(Boolean A_0)

Thanks Jared,

I’ll reload 3.1.0.539 and see if the problem is still there. When the error was occurring, SGP was apparently reading the QHY ASCOM driver, opening the camera settings from the “Equipment” panel on the sequencer form appeared normal. Changing nothing else, I switched to another program (APT), connected the camera, and started the cooling cycle. The power curve was “normal”. I then reloaded v 3.1.0.478 (making no other changes), connected the equipment and the camera cooled correctly.

I’ll let you know what I find when I reinstall 539.

BobT

I reinstalled .539 and all is well. Installation must have gotten glitched in the initial upgrade process.

BobT