Version Roll Back

Hi, I’ve been having problems with my QSI 690 camera connection to SGP version 3.3. I paid my $99 purchase but have not joined the subscription scheme. Using old QSI drivers and SGP version 2.7 all is good and stable. Unfortunately with my registration SGP won’t allow me to roll back from version 3.3 to below version 3.0 on my observatory computer. Is there a program to erase SGP version memory from my computer so I can reinstall 2.7 or do I have to reformat my Hard Drive?
Thank you

You should be able to install SGPro 2.7 alongside 3.2 without issue. That said, this is not a common request so we haven’t tested that in many years.

Can you give more details here? What do you mean by this? Do you receive an error when you attempt to start or activate 2.7?

Hello Ken,
I’m on holiday for a few weeks. In Arizona, to get away from the English weather!
I’m only remembering rough version numbers here. Using v3.3 causes problems with my QSI camera. If I try to roll back within the program, it won’t allow me to go further back than v3.0. So then I uninstall SGP, or have even tried to uninstall further with Revo. Next I install v2.7 but it won’t allow me to register, so I’m limited to a trial period. That’s the problem.
Regards, Andrew

Hi Ken, thanks for your reply.
My license number is
zN268Qr4851stB53Of4MuaLfq8-21203
I have activations on two computers and should be allowed a third, up to somewhere around version 3.3.
I’ve installed version 2.6.1.114
If I click Help / Register this Machine and then fill in my email and password,
up comes
“Padding is invalid and cannot be removed”
Thanks

Version 2.6 is no longer supported (or installable). In order to use your new license key, you’ll need to install version 2.7 found here: https://www.sequencegeneratorpro.com/downloads/#1589667919868-c2917941-1bce

Thanks Ken, that’s very helpful. Regards Andrew

Hello Ken, thanks for pointing me to the site for downloading Version 2.7.0.608. However. I’ve downloaded it and installed. At the end of the installation I was asked if I would like to launch SGP now, I clicked yes and nothing happened. I then clicked on the desktop icon it created and again nothing happened, even when clicked as an Administrator. Any advice, regards, Andrew

Sometimes this can happen if the ASCOM 5 or higher platform is missing or corrupted in some way. Can you verify it’s installed and if it is, reinstall it? I dont think SGPro 2 had very good ASCOM checking. It’s been years since it’s been altered so I can’t recall.

Thanks Ken, I updated ASCOM then reinstalled and it opened sweetly. Regards, Andrew