Vesion 4.3.0.1090 (64-bit) autoflats promising but still many thing that need to be improved

Thank you! You addressed most of the problems.

Today morning no crash, only End of sequence failed. You can look at today log here: https://forum.sequencegeneratorpro.com/t/sgp-4-3-0-1111-beta-log-for-auto-flats/18022/4

2 Likes

Here is the way the AutoFlats preview is presented nowā€¦

1 Like

@drvo

Most of the items in this thread have been addressed and a new beta is on its way out now. Some of the fixes here are complex in and of themselves and are not guaranteed to be complete fixes, but AutoFlats is definitely in a better spot now. The one notable defect that has not been addressed is with the UI breaking.

This is a complex issue emanating from the multi-threaded nature of the sequence interacting with the UI. Iā€™ll figure it outā€¦ just noting it has not been addressed.

Thank you very much for all of your feedback and thoughtful reporting of issues. It has been invaluable thus farā€¦

1 Like

Hi - I am on 4.4.0.1339 and am still seeing the issue of saving of the minimum parameter at 0 and not at 0.1. Autoflats fails when at 0 as first flat taken is 2 x exposure which is 0 ( ie 2 x 0 = 0) - If i can set at 0.1 then it starts as 2x0.1 gives answer which it can work with. I read through the above and it implies that I can set and save the minimum value in Equipment profile but under camera / autoflats I get the same dialogue box and it wonā€™t save a 0.1 value or any value under 1ā€¦ie 0.98. If I put in 1 it works but it is too long for my Lum 2x2. Apologies if Iā€™m meant to change elsewhere but this is where I think you are saying to go.

Itā€™s completely fine to ask hereā€¦

First:

I am not sure how to reproduce the issue you are seeing (or I am misunderstanding it entirely). You cannot save the minimum exposure as 0.1 seconds? Or is that a side effect of something else? Or is it that you canā€™t sabe the value in the equipment profile? Or maybe that you can, but it does not apply to the sequence properly?

Second:

Are you referring to the manual running of AutoFlats like this:

Or are you referring to running AutoFlats as part of a sequence via this:

Hi Ken. In neither of the two screen shots above can I set and save the minimum exposure time to less than 1.0 secs. If I type in 0.1, or 0.98, and then hit ok or capture etc then that value will not be saved. When I open that screen again it is reset to 0.

That in itself would not be a problem if 0 worked but it doesnā€™t because when the autoflat process starts it (from my observation) multiplies the value by 2 to get an initial exposure length to measure the ADU. But 2 X 0 is 0, which is small :wink:, and then I seem to recall it just then kept on replicating a insufficient exposure length and it failed. (Iā€™ll pull out scope tomorrow and check exact next things it didā€¦but suffice to say, the algorithm to determine the next exposure length broke down because starting value was 0.

BUT - If I started at 0.1, the algorithm worked fine and I could run the process for all my filters (LRGBHSO) and Bin levels.

So having it scheduled, with a starting value of 0, is not working for me. Maybe I am missing something somewhere.

David

I think the problem is

I had the same problem with saving minimal exposure time and I think this solved it. Set it to ā€œ.ā€

I think that the initial exposure length for Flats is set in Control Panel > Filters > Define filter list > Flats button.

Thank you - I will try both.

oh, yikesā€¦ SGPro is supposed to be compatible with either decimal separator. Iā€™ll need to set mine to , and see if I can reproduce.

Thank you drvo but neither of these worked for me. I already had the decimal in place, re-applied it anyway, but no change.

And the values under the flats button are the calibrated values but donā€™t look to me like they are used in the autoschedule process.

Ken, did you manage to reproduce? I am now in front of my screen and will take some screen shots and records key strokes.

Step 1
I select Autoflats Scheduler from the Sequence drop down and I get returned shot 0.

As you can see it starts with a 0.00 in the red circle.

I type in 0.01 as you can see in this shot

and then I press ok as I have set my parameters for the autoschedule to run

however when I re-open the Autoflats Scheduler I get the 0.1 is zeroed out again.

My question is - I would have thought the parameters should stay setā€¦ie 0.1

David

The same by me. But on the Autoflats this works (but did not work before).

Btw. SkyFlats work best if min exposure is 1+ sec. If SGP could handle it correctly (SGPro 4.4 Backlog - Our Thoughts and Request for Community Input - #51 by drvo point no 4.) it would be great for SkyFlats.