What is a 6 file and how do I creat a clean sequence?

I apologize if the answer to this question is obvious but I am have been scratching my head trying to figure this out. I want to start some new sequences and have been using Framing and Mosaic Wizard to work out some new winter targets. I am not sure what I am doing wrong but the file type being generated is a “6 file” and not a " Program Sequence Generator" file like all my others. What am I doing wrong? Do I have to be hooked up to my equipment to plan a sequence?

6 File

Are you naming your sequence with a “point” 6, as in “NGC700_FSQ_f3.6”? If so, Windows might think the “point” is the file extension. Just a thought.

Not might, will.

There’s a list of special characters that shoud not be in a file name, including /, \ *, ? and point . There could be more. Maybe SGP should complain and/or change them to something allowed. Tricky because when setting up the file name pattern / and \ are allowed to separate the folder part of a file path.

Yes f3.6. I should have known that. What is strange about that is I used 3.6 for some of the other file names. I may have gone back and cleaned them up after they were already Program Sequence Generator files though. I will be more careful when naming files. Thank you very much.