Windows 11 compatible?

My laptop that I run SGP on is prompting me to upgrade to Windows 11. I’m a bit afraid of messing up the system that is working very well (SGP, PHD2, EQASCOM). Should I continue to ignore the prompts or upgrade to Windows 11?

I have Windows 11 on the laptop I use for development and it seems ok there. But I have not upgraded my observatory machine for the same reasons. While it all should be compatible with Windows 11 I personally prefer to wait.

Jared

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll do the same… wait. If it ain’t broke!

1 Like

I tend to be an early adopter and I upgraded my Win 10 machine to Win 11 as soon as it was available. I have not experienced any issues with any of the programs I use - save a display weirdness using AutoCAD LT 2022.
Win 11 appears to be ‘peppier’ than before but I have no metric to support my impression.

1 Like

Was about to ask the same questions - to be an early adopter or not. I have downloaded the ISO but I am going to research it a bit more first. Not a positive first step when I see Windows Update says my PC isn’t compatible - download the health checker to find out more - and the health checker says it’s all fine.

So I am one of those users with the false positive issue that Microsoft is investigating at present.

I have 2 laptops and a desktop that have all been updated to Win11. The only problem I have encountered is with my Starlight Xpress Trius-694 Pro and I needed to revert to the previous driver, back from v2 to v1 - available on the SXCCD website. SGPro V3 seems to work as it did before. It was necessary to reconfigure some aspects that were not carried over from Win10 but that wasn’t a problem

1 Like