Zoom to 100% or 1:1

Hello.

I know that on the upper right corner of the image window there is a dropdown where user can zoom in and out of the image. I don’t understand it though. A 100% zoom, for example, represents a 1:1 viewing condition in applications like Photoshop and Pixinsight and some others. I think in SGP it might mean how it fills the screen.

I was attempting to visually check focus on an image I had acquired to see if I am satisfied with it but I could not zoom in to 1:1 and to compare with an older image of the same scene that I could see in Pixinsight. Is there a way to view an image in 1:1?

Thanks

Farzad

No, in SGP it is exactly the same as Photoshop and PixInsight. 100% means a pixel per pixel representation. Here’s an example where the image is at extents (fills the screen):

And the same image at 100%:

Jared

Yeah, I just replied saying that I checked it out and an image that is opened behaves the way you say, but last night while imaging the picture that was up would not behave that way. Something mysterious about my system, and I will keep an eye on it.

Farzad

Thanks, Jared.

I just opened an image in SGP and sure enough when zoomed to 100% it does the same exact thing as PS and PI. But in real time, last night when I tried it on an image that was already on screen after it was captured I wasn’t getting the same results. Maybe a glitch then.

Farzad

I’m guessing you’re binning for your AF images so the 1:1 size will be smaller?

Jared

Jared, that would be a good guess, but I only bin when I plate solve or try to focus. I image at 1x1. I will report back in a few days when the skies are supposed to be clear.

Thanks

Farzad

Jared, I checked last night and you are right - if I zoom 1:1 a 1x1 image it will be normal. Thanks/