A quick check on this please

I see this coming up on screen when I enter Tools - Equipment Profile Manager.
Capture

This happens on two computers - one desktop where I only have the bare programme (32Bit) loaded and the other in the Obs on a laptop with 64 Bit version. Both are very latest updates 4.2.0.914 but this was there previous. (Both are Win 10 computers)
On the laptop (working with many profiles saved) I can apply a profile to a sequence no problem…so it is not interfering with imaging…but I would like to check is this a bug or is it something peculier to my computers for some reason or other?

Hmm. I’m not sure off hand, but since I can’t reproduce it, I think it must be from some kind of error when the profile manager attempts to enumerate and display the profiles that are available for editing. It is fairly easy to test if this is what is happening… Following these steps will temporarily hide your profiles from SGPro. If after doing this, the error goes away, it would be wonderful if you could zip and send the contents of that folder so I can see what part of it SGPro is disagreeing with…

https://help.sequencegeneratorpro.com/SGProwillnotstart.html#FailuretoLoadEquipmentorUserProfiles

Thanks for coming back Ken. Unfortunately that did not clear the problem.

I went a bit further. Since I was checking this problem on the house desktop (rather than the Obs laptop), I decided to delete that particular folder with the profiles and reinstalled SGP. So now it had a folder with only your basic profiles and nothing that I had added. But the problem was still there – the warning notice still appeared as per my 1st post. I decided to see if it was only with later ‘editions’ of SGP that the error notice showed up. I do not recall when I first noticed it. I still had some old installation files on the hard drive and went back to Version 3.2.0.600. Even with my profiles loaded back in to that particular folder…. there was no error message. Same for 3.2.0.660. But as soon as I loaded up any version 4….the error message reappeared.

But I still was not content to think that the problem was specifically with version 4; nobody else was shouting about it. I pulled out an old laptop that I used to use (until earlier this year) in the Obs – before changing to one with SSD. This is the original laptop where most of the profiles were created. I updated SGP on this machine to the latest (4.2.0.914) and checked. No problem evident – everything was fine.

This older laptop computer has Win 10 Home (21H2) and Norton Internet Security removed. I went back to the desktop - Win 10 Pro (22H2) – disconnected from the internet and disabled Norton. Unfortunately that had no effect on the error notice - it still showed up when I tried Tools/Equipment Profile Manager.

But, with no problem showing up on the older laptop, I realise that the problem lies here somewhere rather than within SGP. (Odd though that it shows up on two different computers). So I will have to continue trying to track it down – although, as I said, I can continue to use the program on the Obs Laptop without too much inconvenience. If I ever do find the cause I will be sure to let you know via this thread (for the record).

I’m not wholly convinced of this yet. It may well be a normal condition that SGPro can handle (much) better. Are you able to reproduce the error and send logs showing it? That may lead to an answer pretty quickly.