Activation not recognized

I have completed the activation process and subscribed, but when I open the program, it still asks for the license key. If I enter the key, I then get an error saying “There was an error activating SGPro. Macine ID is already activated (error: 1106).”

SGPro: 3.2.0.600

Suggestions?

1 Like

ive been getting the same issue when i try to use sgpro on a second machine

Stargate,

Click ‘VIEW’ button on the right side to view you currently active license

You will see your ‘OLD’ activation there…Click the ‘Deactivate’ Button

Now restart the newly installed 3.2.0.600 download and your newly issued License Key Code should fire you up

Good Luck
Paul

dazza,

I have just done the same procedure on my second machine (Win 10 Laptop) after your comment and both installations are fully fired up.

Are you sure you uninstalled the old SGP version and installed 3.2.0.600 on your second machine

? ? ?

Paul

The same issue with version 2.7.x version activation attempts here. :frowning_face:
It gives 1st an error about Activation API call failure, then the same Machine ID is already activated error with a 2nd attempt. After that 1st stage web page data shows a valid activation on the database, which can then be deactivated. That deactivation function reverts the machine into step #1 again.

I have tried to uninstall SGP and doing a fresh setup with the same results. Also I have disabled my BitDefender firewall, but no help from there. Windows 10 / 2004 here too.

One question about SGP 2.6.x and SGP 2.7.x activation codes: should they be exactly the same codes for both versions?

SGP_activation_error1

SGP_activation_error2

-Timo

I am getting the same results on both my laptops.
Not ideal

Same issue for me - I tried deactivating the ‘old’ licence and it made no difference.

Last clear evening in the UK for a while coming up - hope it can be sorted quickly.

I reverted back to v 2.6.1.398, which has been serving me well.
It activated itself automatically on my imaging laptop and now it shows this license info.

SGP_v2_6_activation

This is definitely some issue with SGP activation system and needs resolving by their side. Please keep us posted, when software fix has been released. Thanks!

-Timo

Same issue here, tried all the fixes, even removed license completely and tried again but to no use. Started with the API-error and now it says it’s already activated, Error 1106… You need to fix this asap.

Same error!

There was an error activating SGPro. Machine ID is already activated (error: 1106)

the curious thing is that in my licenses the machine is just registered, instead in reality it always remains the LITE version

We are working to address this. You should be able to go to the website, remove the activation and reactivate SGP to get around this for the time being.

Jared

I tried that, no dice. Didn’t work. :frowning:

We’re working on a new 3.2 release that should address this.

Jared

1 Like

Excellent, luckily it’s cloudy here tonight :stuck_out_tongue:

Just did a complete reinstall and this time it worked.

pscammp,

My account had originally shown two activations: an “imported” one from 2012 (my original purchase) and the new 3.2 activation. I had many personal communications last night trying to resolve the issue. This morning I still had the same issue but the “imported” activation was gone; I’m guessing Ken removed it.

Sooooo, I tried your idea and deactivated/re-activated the 3.2 version and, voila!, the problem was gone.

Thanks for your suggestion!

And a BIG THANK YOU to Ken for his speedy support!

UPDATE: I looked again at the account and the original order is stall there, not just where I remembered it being, so that did not contribute to the problem. But, regardless, deactivating and re-activating the current version cleared the issue.

–Ernie

I got my SGP version 2.7.0.599 activated too today. :slight_smile:
I uninstalled SGP 2.6.1.398 via Control Panel, rebooted PC, then disabled BitDefender Total Security AntiVirus advanced features and run Sequence Generator 2.7.0.599 Pro.exe without any major issues.

Below some screen captures for the licensing parts:

SGP_v2_7_activation_info

No idea, if SGP support fixed something or was it local issues with BD antivirus? Good thing anyway, that it works now even though this is almost a zero-value update for us old SGP v2.x users. :thinking:

-Timo

I am having the same problem as mentioned earlier in this thread. However, even after uninstalling, deactivating, installing and activating, nothing new happens (I am running win7 btw). Strangely earlier today v2.6 worked just fine, but problems started after installing v2.7. Could you guys at MSS please make the v2.6 available again for download so that I could test if it works?
-AnttiJ

You can get the 2.6 download here:
https://mainsequencesoftware.azurewebsites.net/Releases/DownloadFile?id=8278

Jared

A general reply to anyone having the “activation failed” message. New builds of 3.2 and 2.7 have been released that will either fix the issue or not, but will still provide more information to help us troubleshoot. Of course, if you have anti-virus software blocking the activation request, there is nothing SGPro can do to bypass it and will need your explicit permission.

https://www.sequencegeneratorpro.com/downloads/