Center here function

Hi,

I am unable to use the center here function. Does anyone know what the main settings are for this to work smoothly?

I use a EQ8-R Pro with Eqmod.

Cheers

There are many different things that can go wrong with centering. Please post logs and we’ll take a look.

These were for my AZEQ6, the settings should apply to your mount. It’s crucial that you set alignment to Dialogue based and clear out any existing pointing model.

Following. I frequently have issues with “center here” yet other functions like Solve and Sync work fine.

Hello,

Thanks for replying.
I see that the Auto Meridian flip is selected in SGP but not in EQMOD. Does this work?

Yes it worked fine like that for a few years. I’ve since changed mounts, but again I let SGP handle the flips and not the mount’s driver. This way SGP will pause the main and guide cameras and wait for the meridian, if you let the mount handle the flip it will probably flip in the middle of an exposure and cause havoc.

Switch off your EQ8’s encoders in EQMOD, they will also screw with your centering and guiding.

1 Like

Thank you,

How do I switch off encoders in EQmod? I have the EQ8-R Pro, It does not have encoders. Only for home position.

Kind reagrds
Roger

Sorry Roger, my mistake. I thought the new mount had freedom-find encoders as the original did.