Gain in Equipment Profile Manager

Hello,
in the equipment profile manager, I added two profiles.
One for shooting One shot colour with Gain 0, Offset 30
One for shooting L-extreme filter, with gain 100, offset 50
I then created a sequence for each, and applied the equipment profiles respectively.
When I switch between sequences, I expected that the gain would change on the camera when I reconnected. It does not. Is this not supposed to be how it works?
Is there a better way that does work so that I don’t have to remember to change it manually eferytime, which so far I seem to forget.
thanks
Malcolm

Do you mean that when you connect to the camera using one profile or the other you are inspecting that camera’s ASCOM settings dialog and it is not set to the gain and offset values you expect? Or something else? When you make a new sequence from the profile, what you are saying is that all 1x1 images should be taken with a gain of 100 and offset of 50.

sequence one: Narrow Band filter in use. Image profile created and applied with gain 100, offset 50
Sequence two: regular one shot colour. Image profile created and applied to sequence with gain 0 offset 30

I expect that when I capture images with each sequence, the gain/offset will automatically be changed on the camera and when I looked at the fits headers, it wasn’t.

thanks

Oh, I see. How did you verify that those values were not used? We’ll need to look at logs from one of your attempts to do this.

Further guidance is here:

I read the FITS header

Would it be necessary perhaps to restart SGP after the creation of the equipment profiles and sequences? I didn’t try that.

No. If that were true, it would be a bug for sure. Once the sequence loads and you can actually see your profile values loaded into the camera’s control panel tab, you are good to go. I’m more looking for maybe some kind of failure setting the gain when the sequence image is captured.

I have to try again tonight.
I will take notes.
And if I get the same result, I will post with logs. Or let you know either way.
thanks

SGPro keeps logs for 30 days. If you know the time of yoiur last attempt, the logs are still avaiable to send (from within SGPro).

1 Like

understood, but I would like to know what I was doing at the time, hence the need for notes

hi Ken, it appears to work, but I had to learn how it works I guess.
When I changed sequences, and checked the settings in the ascom driver, they had not changed.
So I thought it wasn’t working.
The change only actually is affected when I execute the run command.
Checking the ascom driver settings before hitting run was the error of my ways.
after hitting run, I paused the sequence and checked the ascom setting, and both gain and offset had been changed to the correct values. And it is reflected properly in the fits header.
So I just needed to get used to that.
I think this is a non-issue.

Malcolm

1 Like