Heart Nebula mosaic tile transition issue

I created a 4-tile mosaic of the Heart Nebula using SGP’s framing tool. When I shot it last night, the plate solving had major issues.

During each transition between tiles and during the meridian flip, the plate solve failed multiple times. I had to abort, disconnect all equipment, reboot the laptop before it would finally resolve the plate solve and begin the tiles imaging.

In addition, at the beginning of the sequence (tile#1) the plate solver had me rotating the camera alternating clockwise and counterclockwise repeatedly around essentially the same point.

I’ve never had these issues with any other target’s sequence or mosaic sequence before.

Can you give me some insights into what might have happened? Is there a known issue with that target? Should I recreate the plan? Or??

Thanks for your help and advice.

What solver are you using? Are you using Blind Solve Failover?

It could be a setup issue with the “Manual Rotator” if you’re bouncing back and forth between values and you don’t feel you’re over rotating. Also what kind of optics are you shooting through? Maybe something is flipped or reversed and we’re not detecting it properly.

Hard to know exactly what transpired. If you happen to have a log that may shed some insight on the issue.

Jared

I reran the same sequence last night without any of the issues with transition between the tiles. I suspect I may have confused the mount when I manually parked it after focusing…and that confusion persisted throughout the session. Very sorry to have wasted your time and effort…and thanks for such a great tool!

Suzanne