New error message after latest update

Hello! After installing the latest version of SGPro I’m getting an error message I’ve never seen while running auto-focus. ‘AF darks exception. The path is not of a legal form.’ I’m assuming this has something to do with using darks to auto-focus, which I’ve never done. Feels like a bug. Any way to stop the message? Thanks

Part of the last release was to expose all Errors and Fatals to the Notification System and that is why this is coming up. It’s benign as your directory is not set. I’ve cleaned this up but for now you can ignore it.

Jared

1 Like

Thank you jared! I understand! However I have another problem.

All o the these questions relate to a rig at Siding Spring Australia with my good friends an itelescope hosting. The mount is a Planewave L500. We are have plate solve issues. I will now give you a bullet point I received from Brad Moore. (founder of iTelescope) He’s personally working on my rig. If after this post you would like to communicate directly with, let me know your email nd I will put this. It’s probably not a bad idea for you geniuses to meet! LOL

Here’s the bullett point with screenshot:

1. Testing SGP PlateSolving.

SGP was set to use PlateSolve2 engine. In the SGP equipment control panel, you can test Plate Solving by solving the current telescope’s position. Everything works perfectly.

However, when you set a TARGET and then try to Center Now, PlateSolve2 solves the target CORRECTLY, however then SGP fails with a threading error. SGP reports PLATE SOLVING HAS FAILED. It hasn’t failed because it was unable to solve, it failed due to a programming error inside SGP. This needs to be reported to the developers of SGP.

I then changed to ASATAP. Once again I could solve correctly in the control panel, but when I selected a TARGET and then clicked Center Now, the plate solved failed due to a Threading Error of SGP and not ASATAP.

Azm 90 Alt 45 = Control Panel Plate Solve - Working Correctly

Amz 270 Alt 55 = Control Panel Plate Solve - Working Correctly

Amz 8 Alt 46 = Contol Panel Plate Solve - Working Correctly

Pointing Error Bias - 800 pixels to the East

We’ll need the SGP log to investigate this.

Thank you,
Jared