Pegasus Astro Ultimate Powerbox V2

Thanks for the help. I found the driver on their website. Will try it tonight!

Thanks again.

Pat

I tried again after the new download with the same results. I had to download SGP 3.2 to be able to run my sequence. It sucks to have to go backwards.

Pat

Disappointing indeed if SGP 4.1 still gives problems in combination with the Pegasus 2.3 driver. I have only tested yesterday without the Pegasus UPBv2 connected to my computer. Will test that with connected equipment tomorrow and report on results later this week.

While we appreciate the feedback, we are unable to replicate the issue here… seems to work just fine. We will need logs to help troubleshoot this issue.

Also… it is not clear whether or not you tried again with 4.0 or 4.1. The original issue described is currently an issue in SGPro 4.0, but we have made an effort to prevent it from happening in 4.1.

Ken, I tried the latest Beta version 4.1.0.075 yesterday. I attached the log file from yesterday evening when I first tried it after downloading the most current software for the switch. The second attachment is the log file from the night before using version 4.0. Maybe the log files will help in getting to the problem.

I appreciate you trying to help.

Thanks.

(Attachment sg_logfile_20220103202506.log is missing)

(Attachment sg_logfile_20220102192344.log is missing)

@watty1959 Thanks. We don’t allow log attachments on the forum, but we have a built in tool within SGPro to assist here. Makes it easy…

@Ken @watty1959 , just wanted to report here that I have successfully tested my Pegasus UPBv2 with SGP 4.1.0.725 in both x32 and x64 versions. This was with the Pegasus ASCOM driver 2.3 that I had already installed about a year ago.

SGP 4.1 does indeed not auto connect with the Pegasus UPBv2 when it starts. This happened all the time with SGP 4.0 and was very annoying as many others have already commented on the forum. The Pegasus switch is now listed in both Equipment Profile Manager as well as Control Panel and can be connected manually from the Control Panel (as long as the Pegasus UPBv2 software is also running and connected to the device).

Personally I have no need for SGP to control any of my switches as I find the dedicated switch software more useful and am able to control those with scripts outside of SGP. In the case of the Pegasus UPBv2 the ASCOM driver is also limited in use as it does not allow SGP to show custom port names and other values than 0.00 and 1.00. I can understand though that this is a welcome feature for other SGP users that do not want to rely on external scripting.

At least I am now able to start using SGP 4.1 with its new looks. Thanks for all the UI improvements Ken!

Unfortunately the Equipment Profile Manager still shows ASCOM Switch Simulator and PrimaLuce Eagle and it is not possible to hide these entries. I did find that right clicking in the Control Panel does allows to hide these unnecssary switch entries. Would be nice to have those (at least visually) removed from the Equipment Profile Manager as well.

Remaining issue with SGP 4.1 is the auto connect to my Lunatico Dragonfly switch. It would be most welcome if that can also be stopped, just as has been achieved for the Pegasus UPBv2 already.

Ill fix this

I dont understand what this means. SGPro will only attempt auto connect with switches that the sequence is using. If you dont want SGPro to attempt connection, you’ll need to alter the sequence (and possibly profile) so that it is not used.

Lunatico Dragonfly acts as two devices in one, each with their own ASCOM driver. Main function is as a Dome controller. Actually for the Shutter only driving the Roll Off roof of my observatory. It also acts as a switch allowing equipment to be powered on or off. The roof control is very important for the sequence. The switch part is not (for me). In fact I use the Pegasus UPBv2 on the mount as a switch and thus do not need the Lunatico Dragonfly (mounted on the observatory wall) to act as a switch.

SGP does not list the Dragonfly as a switch. Neither in the Equipment Profile Manager nor in the Control Panel. It is defined as an Observatory controller though, but I need to manually connect to that using the Sequencer window (same as for all other equipment, except for switches).

Would SGP be able to distinguish between Dragonfly Dome and Dragonfly Switch? Given that these are two ASCOM drivers that just happen to connect to the same device I would presume that SGP will treat them as two non-related devices.

If the Dragonfly implements an ASCOM driver for a switch and it doesn’t show in the switches list, then that is an issue.

Yes, that is correct. SGPro does not give any special consideration to combined devices and every device must be able to act as though it does not have any dependency at all on other things not defined in its contract.

ASCOM Diagnostics and ASCOM Profile Explorer clearly list Dragonfly as a Switch. Same as the Pegasus UPBv2 and the ASCOM Switch Simulator. Let me know if you need further details on this.

I installed the DragonFly driver set and it does not appear in ASCOM Diagnostics or the profile explorer… Did I install the wrong thing?

I installed this: https://lunaticoastro.com/dragonfly/current/Dragonfly-Install.exe

Dragonfly has a number of different components. The ASCOM drivers are in this one: Dragonfly6.2.0-Install.exe. There is also a Configurator which is not needed for testing the SGP - Dragonfly connection.

This is what the ASCOM profile looks like in my setup:
ProfileExplorer220109

It’s not clear to me where to find this. All I can find is Dragonfly-Install.exe (the link I posted above)

You are right. I can also only find that one now on the Lunatico website. Could send you the installer, but it is a 10MB file. Probably best not to send as an attachment here on the forum.

Perhaps better to await Jaime from Lunatico to step in and point you to the correct installer. I guess the one you found will install both the Windows software to control the Dragonfly as well as the accompanying ASCOM drivers, but I am not sure how that is organized right now and do not want to screw up my installation by executing some installers. Jaime should be able to clarify in coming days.

Ok, Sounds good. Fwiw, I did install the one that is available and chose all the options, but no Dragonfly devices are showing in either Dome or Switches.

Tagging @jaime

Hi Ken,

that install file is correct - the latest version. Just a new naming schema to make things easier.

I’m surprised you don’t find Dragonfly devices under Dome or Switches.

Have you run the software? I cannot check at this very moment, but I’m wondering if we are making the registration on the first run of the program…?

Thanks,

jaime

No, I had not run it. I thought the installer would install the drivers, but I ran it and it’s ok now. Thx.

@Ventania I did some testing… I don’t have an actual DragonFly to test with so I cant fully test, but did discover that SGPro will not add a switch to the list if it can’t find any (child) switches for the switch device. SGPro will need to connect at least one time with the Dragonfly in order to inspect its switches. I have fixed this issue and now the DragonFly will always show up in the list even if SGPro cant find any switches for it. For now, though, please try:

• Close SGPro
  • Connect your DragonFly to the machine
  • Connect to the DragonFly with the DragonFly app
  • Start SGPro

After SGPro queries DragonFly for its switches, it will show them from that point forward without having to connect the dragonfly.

Good to see that progress is being made. Tomorrow I will be at my observatory site again and will be able to do some testing. Will download the latest SGP 4.1 beta, that should be .728 if I am not mistaken. Or should I await the next beta release? I do not have easy internet access at my observatory, so will report back with results later this week. OK?