Plate Solve Fail after meridian flip

I have been using SGP for a year and had no problems with the plate solve after meridian flip until a couple months ago when I started using manual rotator. That is the only thing I can think of that has changed. When the sequence starts it solve to less than 10 pixels and rotation less than one degree. After the flip, it fails. . I have checked all my equipment settings, Camera Telescope, plate solve, manual rotator etc and every thing seems correct. I have lost the few good sky nights lately, because of this.

Telescope - Stellarvue SVX80T
Camera - ZWO 294MM Pro
Mount - Ioptron Ieq30 pro

Are you using the manual rotator in conjunction with a flip? Do you have blind solve fail over configured to kick in if the normal solve fails? What solver are you using? (we typically recommend ASTAP).

Jared

Thanks for your response. I am using The Manual Rotator. I tried Blind solve last night and it didn’t work either. I am using Plate Solve 2. I have tried ASTAP, but when I try to open the settings, it says “Failed to open ASTAP options”. The flip works sometimes but not others. I can send a log file or at least the part that shows the failure.

How can I send a log file. I have not had a successful night in a month. I am about to give up.

Jared

I have changed to ASTAP and seem to have plate solve working, so far. I have noticed that after the first center the RA error is much larger than the DEC. RA 1500-2000 pixels and DEC less than 100. It then solves. This also happens after the meridian flip. Could this be a slight error in setting the RA home position.