PlateSolve2 not solving during sequence

The last few imaging sessions I have had issues with PlateSolve2. I have created my sequence which is ready to go and I always do a centre target to test before starting my sequence which works.

However when I start my sequence it attempts to plate solve and fails even though the telescope is still in the correct position. Seems like PS2 is broken but only during a sequence.

Anything I can check?

Thanks!

If you have logs, we can can give you more insight. In the meantime, here is some general advice for Plate Solve failures:

• Image scale (on the camera tab) has been accidentally adjusted and is no longer accurate
  • Mount is failing to sync and the “hint” given to the solver deviates too far from reality
  • Plate solve frame exposure was accidentally adjusted and plate solve frames don’t produce enough data for the solver
  • Plate solve frame exposure may be in a star poor area at a high focal length
  • The filter to use for plate solve frames has been accidentally adjusted to a very restrictive filter
  • The search areas parameter was accidentally adjusted and is too low.

I’m afraid I don’t have any great answers about why PS2 would work before a sequence and not during, but you can send logs and we can tell you if we see anything odd. Guidance for sending logs here: How to Submit Logs in SGPro

I had the same issue with Plate Solve 2. Switched to ASTAP and plate solving works every time. Try it.

Thanks I will submit my logs once I obtain them.

Paul, that might be worth a try. Had someone tell me the same thing about using ASTAP.