Request for Equipment Set Up Compatibility Check

Dear all,

I will using the fallowing equipment for my astrophotography and I already check SGP forum for those equipment’s compatibility, but I do still have some questions:

1. SBIG STC-7 CMOS Camera (Do I need to install MaxIm DL in the same PC or I can just install SGP without MaxIm DL and SGP can native control this camera without any issue? Cause, I am going to purchase this camera new and I am worried about the camera’s warranty if SGP cause some hardware issues. Moreover, I couldn’t find any answers in this forum: SBIG STC-7 and other new SBIG cameras? )

2. ZWO ASI 290MM MINI CMOS (This is the camera for guiding and should work well with SGP via PHD 2 / ASCOM, however, still want to double check with you guys about this equipment’s compatibility with SGP.)

3. Takahashi EM200 Temma 3 Equatorial Mount (This is a new system, not the old Temma 2, so please help me check the compatibility with SGP if you can.)

4. Software Bisque The Sky X Pro (Do SGP can synchronize with The Sky X Pro for Takahashi EM200 Temma 3 mount’s GOTO control, cause The Sky X can control the mount or do I need to manually copy a target’s coordinates from The Sky X Pro to SGP and SGP will control the mount to the target? P.s. If question three is ok.)

5. Alnitak Flip-Flat (Integration / Illuminated issue, has the problem been solved? Alnitak Flip-Flat, SGP Integration Issue - #2 by Jared )

Please reply to this topic if you have time, cause those equipment will or “might” arrive in the end of this year 2021.

P.s. English is my second language, if you see any spelling / grammatical error please don’t mind it.

Best regards to all,

Superz

SGP should work with all of that hardware. The only “maybe” is the STC-7 and that’s just because I’m not personally familiar with it. We have a pretty good track record of supporting SBIG cameras though, but I know some of the newer SBIGs (mostly the Aluma line) has not been compatible with the SBIG drivers…though maybe this has changed.

Also you don’t technically need TheSkyX, SGP can communicate with the EM200 just fine without it, though SGP does not have a planetarium so using TheSkyX can certainly provide some value there. As for copying coordinates, I’d recommend using the Framing and Mosaic Wizard in SGP to setup targets.

Jared

Thanks for helped Jared, truly appreciate it.

Hope those conclusions is correct (If not, could you guys please share your experience, if you can) :

1. MaxIm DL is not require to control SBIG CCD cameras under SGP’s environment. (If anyone read this topic and know that STC-7 can work with SGP without any issues, could you please let me know or during any compatibility tests between SGP and STC-7 won’t cause any camera’s hardware damages, just want to make sure it is safe to run tests.

2. SGP can work with Takahashi’s Temma 3 mount controlling system and no issues, cause this is a new system, if anyone have experience using this controlling system with SGP please share your experience, if you can.

Again, thanks for help.

P.s. English is my second language, if you see any spelling / grammatical error please don’t mind it.

Best regards to all,

Superz