This is the beta for the first maintenance release of SGPro 2.4. We have not yet decided the scope of this maintenance release, but here is what is included so far…
New changes in 126.96.36.199:
- Formalized “software binning” for DSLR cameras (Canon and Nikon users can now software bin AF frames anywhere from 1x1 to 4x4 in order to remove bayer matrix artifacts)
- Attempt to to fix ERR_DEVICE_BUSY issues with Canon cameras
- Adding better support for Nikon D810, D750 and D5500.
New changes in 188.8.131.52:
- Attempting to fix an error that can sometimes occur during the initial connection attempt to PHD2 (on sequence start)
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes cause Canon DSLR file name temperatures to read -500C
- Fixed a bug that would always require use of an auto guider for meridian flips
- Actually adding support for Nikon D810, D750 and D5500.
New changes in 184.108.40.206:
- Attempting to stabilize the initial connection to PHD2
- Fixed a bug where the TEC cool down would start before the sequence starts when the sequence has a start delay.
- Adding POSANGLE FITS header (this is the actual positional angle of the camera rotator).
- Fixed a bug where SGPro would try to apply temperature compensation to non-light frames.
- Closing FlipFlat shutter for Darks and Bias.
- Adding support for Nikon D810, D750 and D5500.
- Adding move to top and bottom menu items to target context menu (fully functional)
- Adding move to top and bottom menu items for events (these are not yet functional)
New changes in 220.127.116.11:
- Added test code to “software bin” DLSR auto focus frames (in order to minimize the effect of the Bayer matrix on centroid detection). Turn this feature on in the Canon or Nikon settings dialog.
New changes in 18.104.22.168:
- Removing dialog error if scope returns an unsupported equatorial system (the issue is simply logged and J2000 is used as the default).
- Bug fixes for JNow conversions
- Support for JNow mounts. The official equatorial system for SGPro remains as J2000 (including the Mosaic and Framing Wizard). This new support feature should correct many issues users of JNow mounts have been experiencing with proper centering and solving. You do not need to do anything, this is detected and translated internal to SGPro.
- Fixed a bug where SGPro would not attempt to connect to the auto guider if “Dither” was not checked, but a settle time was defined.
- Added retry behavior to connect to the PHD2 socket (more robust communication if the socket fails).
- Added safety to ASCOM focuser move command that will block until the focuser reports it is done moving (SGPro might be asking the focuser to move too quickly after previous moves)
- Added more safety to ASCOM focuser move retry command (There was a case where the sequence could lock if the focuser failed to move properly on the first attempt).
- Adding code to Canon cameras that will wait for up to 30 seconds if the device reports it is busy (will retry once per second for 30 seconds and then fail)
- Fixing a bug where the HFR sample size could be 0 for sequences created with SGPro 2.3 (auto focus shows all 0 values for AF runs)
As always, you can find it here: