Sequence Generator Pro 4.0.0.651 test results

Up until this latest SGP version I have been using SGP w/Windows 7 Ultimate flawlessly. I know Win7 is not listed as a supported OS anymore so I suspect the .651 version may have exceeded the Windows 7 capability. SGP fails just before the splash screen would have been displayed. I resorted back to 4.0.0.643 and it is working again. I attached the log in case it’s an easy fix. If not then, I’m OK with that and will plan to update Windows to a supported version soon.

Below are the contents of the SGP log file:
[12/09/20 09:12:40.353][DEBUG][Unknown][NONE] .NET Framework Version: 4.8
[12/09/20 09:12:40.386][INFO][Unknown][NONE] ASCOM Platform version: 6.5.0.3091
[12/09/20 09:12:43.012][DEBUG][Unknown][NONE] GlobalExceptionHandler caught: Font ‘?’ cannot be found.
[12/09/20 09:12:43.012][DEBUG][Unknown][NONE] InnerException: Empty
[12/09/20 09:12:43.046][DEBUG][Unknown][NONE] Call stack: at System.Drawing.FontFamily.GetGdipGenericSansSerif()
at System.Drawing.FontFamily.CreateFontFamily(String name, FontCollection fontCollection)
at System.Drawing.FontFamily…ctor(String name, Boolean createDefaultOnFail)
at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(String familyName, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont)
at System.Drawing.Font…ctor(String familyName, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet)
at dv.a()
at dv…ctor()
at du.b()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Mike

Personally, I hope the Dev’s DO NOT make the latest software, backward compatible, with out of date \ unsupported operating systems, as that will invariably mean having to make unnecessary compromises, which will have an adverse impact on the majority of users…

1 Like

I don’t know how you can foresee what effects it would have, but I did say “…if it’s an easy fix”. If the programmers say it can’t be fixed, I’m OK with that too.

I installed 4.0.0.651 on my Windows 10, ASCOM 6.4 SP1 system and it no longer reports the “offset” related exception when connecting to my QSI683 camera. Additionally, testing the new auto focus option to use ASTAP to report frame HFD showed very good results.

Charlie

That SGP no longer runs on Win7 is sad, but probably no recourse. I verified that it doesn’t work on Win7 but does work on my wife’s Win10 machine. I guess I too will have to switch to Win 10 with its interminable virtually uncontrollable updates. Win7 is the last Windows OS that gives you a machine you can call your own.

True. It’s a super stable OS, but alas, we cannot support it after Microsoft terminates support for it.