Sequence Generator Pro 4 is officially released for general use!
- 64-bit Compatibility. SGPro is now compatible with all of your 64-bit drivers. Note that, in order to use 64-bit SGPro all of your equipment drivers must also be 64-bit. If even one is not, you’ll need to use 32-bit SGPro until the driver’s author updates it.
- Support for ASCOM switches. Manually control any switches that you have added to your rig. In addition, you can set the state of your switches at the start and end of any sequence. More sequence events for switches will be coming soon.
- Support for switches and power aboard the PrimaLuce Eagle. As with the ASCOM switches you can also set the state and level of power manually or at sequence start / end.
- Support for “offset” in ASCOM Cameras. Offset has been available in SGPro for a while, but SGPro 4 now enables this feature for ASCOM.
- Official support for ASTAP (plate solving) for both plate solving and as a Half Flux Diameter metrics provider for Auto Focus.
- SGPro 4 makes it easier to ask for help. Use the new problem reporting tool to automatically submit a help request with the required logs we’ll need to help.
- Lots of small bug fixes for a more stable experience.
For more info, see here.
Is SGPro 4 a paid update?
In a way, yes. SGPro now implements a maintenance plan (approx $59 USD per year) that will always allow you to update SGPro to the latest version.
Do I have to pay more money to keep using SGPro?
No. If you are happy with SGPro as you have been using it, you can use it like that forever at no additional cost. Even if you upgrade to SGPro 4 with a maintenance plan and then choose to never renew it, you’ll be able to use the latest version of SGPro available when your annual maintenance plan expires.
I already bought a maintenance plan when SGPro 4 was still beta. Did I waste my money?
No! If you purchased a maintenance plan prior to the release of SGPro 4, we have reset your plan’s expiration date to one year from today. We want you to have access to a full year’s worth of upgrades for SGPro 4.