SGP 3.2.0.660 no longer starts

SGP 3.2.0.660 has been working fine. A week of down weather so I have been away. Went to start SGP today and it does nothing. No load screen, nothing. Tried reinstalling and same thing. This on Windows 10 pro. Has been working flawlessly til now. A clear night coming tonight, so anxious to get it going. Any suggestions?

Update… after discovering that 3.2 would not run. I installed version 4 64 bit into a different directory. It has same behavior and will not open.

Thanks
Randy

You can try this:

Worth backing up things before going down this route though.

Jared

Also if a log is getting created it may be worth posting it here so we can see if something is going on.

Jared

Tried the deleting the folder as indicated above, but still the same results, program will not start. Looking for a log file but not seeing one.

Thanks
Randy

There’s a good deal more than removing a folder in that post.

Has anything recently changed? ASCOM version or anything?

Jared

Tried a system restore to last week, system would not even boot to windows, was able to undo the restore and get back to windows. No changes made to ascom. The only thing that may have changed could be a windows update of some sort. Other than that I have not even used the computer since my last imaging session.

Thanks
Randy

http://mainsequencesoftware.com/Content/SGPHelp/SequenceGeneratorPro.html?SGProWontStart.html

This link only goes to manual, nothing about won’t start.
This machine shows as licensed on my account dashboard btw.

Randy

That link should take you to a decently long post:

https://forum.sequencegeneratorpro.com/t/sgp-will-not-start-after-trial-and-paying-for-full-program/10136/20

Jared I found the log file that may tell something. Not understanding how I need to proceed to fix it though. Can you take a look?

Thanks
Randy

[09/23/21 11:49:58.897][DEBUG][Unknown][NONE] .NET Framework Version: 4.8
[09/23/21 11:49:58.994][DEBUG][Unknown][NONE] Application level exception! : Unable to open ephemeris file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ASCOM\Astrometry\JPLEPH, RC: 1
at ASCOM.Astrometry.NOVAS.NOVAS31…ctor() in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.Astrometry\ASCOM.Astrometry\NOVAS31.vb:line 107
at ASCOM.Astrometry.AstroUtils.AstroUtils.InitialiseAstroUtils() in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.Astrometry\ASCOM.Astrometry\AstroUtils.vb:line 46
at ASCOM.Astrometry.AstroUtils.AstroUtils…ctor() in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.Astrometry\ASCOM.Astrometry\AstroUtils.vb:line 35
at SequenceGenerator.Astrometry.d()
at tp.a(String[] A_0)

I ran the repair on ascom platform 6.5 and that seems to have fixed the issue.
Thanks for the guidance.

Randy

Glad the repair addressed it. We’ve only seen that issue after an ASCOM upgrade which was why I was wondering if you had recently installed. Glad you got it working though!

Jared